Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Kufstein/Austria Oct.25 2003
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kufstein/Austria Oct.25 2003

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edpesco

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:21 am    Post subject: Kufstein/Austria Oct.25 2003 Reply with quote

Nice small venue, great show. The band really smoked, Toss Panos is really an eyecatcher (and ears anyway), Robben at his best. His sound became a bit mellower than I was used to. Mostly he plays his black Baker. Sorry Professor, BADGE was absolutely rousing, unbelievable what he does to this "boring" Cream tune with just one guitar (and no mystic sounds, Betty). "Over my head" made me dancing (anyone who knows me knows what that means). If anyone is interested in a track list, I will ask my friend who was with me, he has more brain than me.
Bluelobster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:23 am    Post subject: More , more Reply with quote

The color of the shoes please.
elizabeth
Robben Fan #1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and don't forget to tell us about the socks, please.

Isn't it amazing how Robben can inspire people to dance??? Dancing is soooooooooooooooo good for the soul; it should be done daily! Shake it, move it, if you got it, use it! It really is good for you!

The mysterious sounds could not be heard because A) It is done with a synth or some other electronic device; B) You cannot hear it; C) I was not there; or D) all of the above.

Radar luv Wink

Last edited by elizabeth on Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
edpesco

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: More , more Reply with quote

Bluelobster wrote:
The color of the shoes please.

I must dissapoint you, his guitar was black.
edpesco

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw track list is the same as Koblenz with addition of "Over my head" as 2nd encore
elizabeth
Robben Fan #1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh Reply with quote

He's doing multiple Robben nights....LUCKY! Ed, ask Robben what that sound is...I am sure he can tell you! Ohgoddddddd...Over My Head (and that's how I like it.) Did you dance??? Hope so!
edpesco

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh Reply with quote

elizabeth wrote:
Ohgoddddddd...Over My Head (and that's how I like it.) Did you dance??? Hope so!

Didn't you read what I wrote?
elizabeth
Robben Fan #1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:54 am    Post subject: mea culpa Reply with quote

So sorry. I got over enthusiastic, as I thought you had attended a second show.(Wishful thinking.)
edpesco

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing to be sorry for, the second show I wanted to go does not seem to take place for me Crying or Very sad that's something to be sorry for. That guitar sound still rings in my ears Very Happy
filippo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i stopped in Kufstein on the Sunday before the show. I was traveling with my mom to visit some of our relatives who live in Schwaz, just outside Innsbruck, about 40 minutes down the road from Kufstein. The whole center of the town was littered with posters of Robben, advertising the upcoming performance. Unfortunately, I had to return to California, where I live, a day before the show (my parents live just outside Salzburg, Austria, where I was visiting them). But the upside of the whole tale is that i get to see Robben a whole lot more often on this side of the pond (and of the North American Continent).

As an aside, I took a photo of my mom (who's now in her late 60's) next to one of the Robben posters in Kufstein. When she saw it after it had been developed, she said, "I used to look just like that -- referring to Robben-- when I was younger, only I was better looking".

Narcissism or truth? ... you all decide for yourselves ;-)
PierreL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

filippo wrote:
Unfortunately, I had to return to California, where I live, a day before the show (my parents live just outside Salzburg, Austria, where I was visiting them).

Damn...WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE ARNOLD !!!

Wink
elizabeth
Robben Fan #1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:24 am    Post subject: I wish I had said that! Reply with quote

Quote:
Damn...WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE ARNOLD !!!

GOOD ANSWER!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: