Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Celestion G12H heritage and G12H anniverisary
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Celestion G12H heritage and G12H anniverisary

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hipbluesman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Celestion G12H heritage and G12H anniverisary Reply with quote

Hello

I am placing a new speaker in my Deluxe reverb.

What is the difference between the G12H Heritage and the G12H anniversary speaker ?

The Hertiage series is double the cost and the frequencies response in the lower range is extended from 75 to 55 hertz.

Is the actual speaker construction actually different ?

In Robben's Dumble amp what is his most preferred speaker ?

Regards
Pablo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Hipbluesman,

I can't share anything on the difference between the two versions, but I just built a 2x12 cab using a G12H Heritage and a Vintage 30 and the G12H Heritage sounds awesome. It's a great speaker at half the price of the anniversary model.

- Pablo
hipbluesman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pablo

This does assist me in getting my answers. Thankyou.

Regards
bluzboyy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you're talking about the Heritage G12-65 or not. If you are, the word from some intense tonehounds over at TheGearPage is that it is the schnizzle.

I know that many guys who are fans of the Dumblesque amps are loving them. Scott Lerner, and Gary who makes the Glaswerks amp (I have a Glaswerks 100 watter) favor this speaker. I'm waiting to see some pop up used because they seem to be going for around $180.00 per. Right now I'm using a 'vert 2X12 cab with emi RW&B's and it sounds great, but all the talk has piqued my curiosity.
fig

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluzboyy wrote:
Not sure if you're talking about the Heritage G12-65 or not. If you are, the word from some intense tonehounds over at TheGearPage is that it is the schnizzle.

I know that many guys who are fans of the Dumblesque amps are loving them. Scott Lerner, and Gary who makes the Glaswerks amp (I have a Glaswerks 100 watter) favor this speaker. I'm waiting to see some pop up used because they seem to be going for around $180.00 per. Right now I'm using a 'vert 2X12 cab with emi RW&B's and it sounds great, but all the talk has piqued my curiosity.

The G12H and 12-65 are not the same speaker. I had a Glaswerks 50 watter and tried a 12-65 with it and I hated it. The 12-65 has a nasal tone. I tried several of them and didn't like any of them. I talked to a guy who sells speakers, and he said a lot of people have said the same thing about the 12-65.
Neutral
bluzboyy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fig wrote:
bluzboyy wrote:

The G12H and 12-65 are not the same speaker. I had a Glaswerks 50 watter and tried a 12-65 with it and I hated it. The 12-65 has a nasal tone. I tried several of them and didn't like any of them. I talked to a guy who sells speakers, and he said a lot of people have said the same thing about the 12-65.
Neutral

Hi fig,

I'm BobbyRay over on TGP. Did you say "had" a 50 watter? Did you sell it? I've been having an absolute blast with my Glaswerks.

That's very interesting abou the 12-65. I had always heard that those were Robbens favorites. Gary now likes them, and according to Scott they absolutely smoke the RW&B's I have. Interesting.
PierreL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a set of G12-65 in my 2x12 cab, and they are really great.
I also have some early 70's G12H30, and I prefer the G12-65 to them.
Just curious, if you do not mind : what is the price level of a 50W Glaswerk ?
fig

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PierreL wrote:

You'll have to talk to Gary at www.glaswerks.com. The prices may have gone up. But I paid $2400 last spring.

Greg
bluzboyy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fig wrote:
PierreL wrote:

You'll have to talk to Gary at www.glaswerks.com. The prices may have gone up. But I paid $2400 last spring.

Greg

I just followed that link. First time I've seen Gary's new homepage. My amp is the one with the Brown Vox Grill, Blonde tolex, and matching 2X12, it's a 100watter. The Vox grill was a considerable upcharge, and I'm not sure if Gary still offers that.
fig

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My old amp was the one on the far right on top - the blond with the brown Vox grill. I don't think Gary offers it anymore. I've noticed that the prices of the Vox grill have gone way up since we bought our amps.

Greg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: