Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Robben Ford and the Twin Reverb
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Robben Ford and the Twin Reverb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fordcaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Robben Ford and the Twin Reverb Reply with quote

For what it's worth almost everytime I've seen Robben Ford I've seen a Twin Reverb on stage. I know he uses Dumbles but he must use the Twin from time to time or in conjunction with the Dumble. Am I imagining this?
Has anyone else noticed those Twins on stage?
PierreL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well when I was him in 1996, he was using some Twins only, no Dumble, but that was in Paris.
FatTeleTom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He talks about using a Twin in conjunction with his Dumble on one of the older instructional videos--I believe feeding it a signal from the TC delay unit, to give a bit of stereo spread. I think you see the same setup in the Ohne Filter live DVD.

Don't know if he still does that or not--I don't recall if there was another amp next to the Dumble when I saw him as a headliner hear in Chicago. He just had the Dumble alone with the Greg Allman and Friends tour.

Beyond that, I think he has frequently used a Twin or Super when not carrying the Dumble along.
Fordcaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I saw a Silverface Twin on the Sierra Center Stage Gig with the Ford Brothers band and the Tele. Ah... Two 12's - Too Cool........

Here's a great Pic of the Man and the Tele:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: