Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Ideas for Robben's "inner circle fan site"
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas for Robben's "inner circle fan site"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FordFan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one have been sitting back and watching what would become of this thread. I don't post too much so this definitely struck a chord(no pun int.) with me.

I think Paul G nailed it right on the head. Everything might be cool for those of you who get to see and enjoy Robben on a regular basis, but for those of us on the other coast, or in other countries for that matter, we could really benefit from this.

Having a "live area" for mp3's or Videos...monthly chat with Robben...Lesson of the month...whatever his schedule allows, would be great for us deprived folk's!! If I lived in the LA area this might be a different story.

Anne and Robben I'm sure have discussed/researched this prior to asking us here, and must think it was a good enough idea to throw it out there.

After all, who's gonna complain about a small fee...you could spend that and more a week on lessons with someone local, and not get the same insight as you would from a monthly post by Robben...for the year. If they do it right( and I have total confidence that they will) I would see this as a gift.
They could do all the other"stuff"...swag and all, that part doesn't interest me much, but it might be great for someone else.

In my mind, I can only view this as a positive thing. Those who would be interested...join, those who have no use, can enjoy this great board as it is.

I for one hope they see that there is more than enough interest, and go for it.
BlueRunner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool FordFan: You're right about the lessons and tips. Just a five-minute video tip from RF would probably convey more useful information that a 100-issue stack of the stuff that appears in guitar magazines.
Aeolian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of great replies. Here are some of the things I think would be great, many of which are already mentioned so I'm just tossing in an extra vote.

Pre-sale tickets/reservations. Robben often sells out when he comes here, and being able to get prime seats would be a great perk.

Pre-release (or concurent with international release) availability of albums and DVD's. Maybe even the one's Pat does too. It's a bit frustrating to be on the same longitude with Robben, and read all the reviews here by folks who get hold of the new material before we can. I remember when he did a promotional tour for Fender around Tiger Walk, and we were able to get copies of it there, a few days before the stores. That was cool. I even got my copy signed.

Some way to make the stuff you order though the club, special. I realize that Robben can't sign every CD and t-shirt, but maybe someone can stamp something to the effect of the club membership on the CD's. Or have "tour staff" or some such added to the t-shirts. Some small way of making them unique compared to what is available to the folks who didn't sign up.

The instructional stuff and webcast lessons would be great, but I think that outside of this forum, a reasonable proportion of the folks who would sign up are not necessarilly guitar players. So the posters and "tour" paraphernalia are more important to them.
nineacres

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would welcome something similar to the "Mule Tracks" feature on the Govt Mule website where shows are made available for download at a very reasonable price. You can sign up for regular updates when new shows have been added.
Sweet_emotion16

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well first of all , I think its really kind of Anne to even ask us. I'm still a new fan of Robbens (about a year or so) and I live in Newfoundland , Canada.. chances of ever seeing the man in concert are slim although I keep telling myself I'm going to travel sometime to do so. The idea of video clips or even a monthly or bimonthly lesson , would be amazing.

take care.
Greg
kurt1981

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just chiming in here, lessons would be great, and maybe a "ask Robben board" similar to the one on Scott Henderson's site. It'd be nice to get answers to some of the little nagging questions we all have regarding Robbens tone, phrasing or anything else.
Just my two cents,
Kurt
Zhurh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel like I hit the jackpot on fathers day. Got an email, both books Handful of Blues & Blues Collection on their way to me. Had to pay half a hundred each but I'll get my monies worth for sure.

I have all the instruct dvds, cd's and books. I'd fly to anch to see the man on moments notice but doubt I'd ever get outta Ak for seminar.

Monthly program geared to guitar player would be unreal; I dream big I guess.
Zhurh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel like I hit the jackpot on fathers day. Got an email, both books Handful of Blues & Blues Collection on their way to me. Had to pay half a hundred each but I'll get my monies worth for sure.

I have all the instruct dvds, cd's and books. I'd fly to anch to see the man on moments notice but doubt I'd ever get outta Ak for seminar.

Monthly program geared to guitar player would be unreal; I dream big I guess.
PierreL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on that topic : something in the vein of Larry Carlton's TV website would be really great : http://mr335.tv/
JohnnyZ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PierreL wrote:
Back on that topic : something in the vein of Larry Carlton's TV website would be really great : http://mr335.tv/

Now that is way too cool! Thanks for the link, Pierre. And, another vote for Robben TV!
Les

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robben has some unusual or alternate fingerings when doing licks/scales. I would like him to share some of those patterns
spatzi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, if you guys want a general idea of where Robben's head is at, just read the 'Zen guitar' book, that Robben himself carries with him. This book will give you more useful/succinct information than Robben can convey in any short video clip.
Devin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Inner-circle fan site Reply with quote

I think it's a great idea, and would jump at the chance to join. For my part, I'd love to see some downloadable live shows and rare studio tracks. Anything for the chance to hear more Robben!
Irgendeiner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would be great to hear/read any news on this topic by anne.... Question Question Question
Danny

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to get a foot in on this thread for when anne replies...
"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: