Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Zendrive
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zendrive
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Millibobs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Stack those pedals! Reply with quote

Hey Kurt, I had exactly the same experience with my Zendrive and OCD. The OCD is in effect the overdrive for general purposes (running a Bassman, so I can't get a natural overdrive without taking out the windows..) and the Zendrive (which is in front of it in the chain) is kicked in for lead stuff. The term Holy Crap doesn't begin to express what I felt the first time I stumbled on this combination - it raised my playing up a whole new level which to some extent answers the question, does good gear make you play better? Yes, is the unequivocal answer in my opinion. For fun, I ran a modded DS1, a Barber Limited and the Zendrive into the front of the ODC and the OCD seems to take it all in it's stride..In terms of transparency, it sounds a lot like the BB.

These two pedal (OCD and Zendrive) are probably the best overdrives I have ever heard - period. My Telecaster loves the OCD and my Les Paul loves the Zendrive. They both love the two combined! I can't wait for the next gig.......
kurt1981

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I set the volume to taste, gain at 1 oclock, tone around 12 or 1, and voice around 11 oclock. This works great for both singles and hums, I do agree, it likes humbuckers more. I set the bb with gain on 1, volume just above unity, trebble flat, and bass boosted a touch, it fills it out very well. The thing is, this pedal sounds best on the bridge pickup of any guitar, as I think Robben tends to use it most, I think it gets a tiny bit muddy on the neck. It's not a bad sound, just not quite what I like. I also got some nice clasic rock tones using the fulldrive mosfet before these two pedals, running the tone straight up the middle, with the low gain channel of the fd2, on flat mode and mosfet off. All three is the coolest rock tone ever. I've got about 5 young aspiring guitar players wanting to buy my zendrive, after seeing us play, very flattering, though Alf gets all the credit.
Best of luck,
Kurt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: