Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Eugene/Seattle/Portland
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eugene/Seattle/Portland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JavaDiva

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Eugene/Seattle/Portland Reply with quote

So I thought with all the Larry Carlton/Robben Ford shows along the coast this week there would be more activity on the board? Did anyone out there go to the shows in Eugene or Seattle? I've got tickets for tonight in Portland, and looking forward to the usual great sound at the Aladdin Theater.
JavaDiva

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Robben and Larry at Aladdin Theater, Portland, OR Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Tonight's show in Portland was the BEST! OMG, you should have all been there. Most of the songs were instrumentals, and I'm sorry I don't know the names. The show started with Larry and Robben playing together, a couple tunes from their Japan CD/DVD, then a couple from Robben's new CD, then just a whole bunch of great amazing stuff. Hard to believe what those two can do with guitars.

They played Talk to Your Daughter. It rocked.

Great audience - Larry said it was the best of the tour. They had at least 3 standing ovations, and came back for two encores, although it was only a 2-hour show. I could have listened to them all night long, but I'll take whatever I can get without complaints. Just smiles. Very Happy
gdolim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Diva:

I was there too with some friends of mine. It WAS a really good show, and you could tell everyone in the band was having a blast, and the audience was having a great time too.

Since this is the RF forum, a couple of cool things I noticed about Robben's playing: he was doing stuff with his right hand which i had never seen him do before (i.e., picking with his fingers and thumb); some of his solos were very experimental.

Watching the visual interplay between all the band members was almost as much fun as hearing them play.

We should hook up before the next show here in Portland.
Bartok55

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know why the show at the Moore Theatre in Seattle was cancelled Saturday, 8/4?
PierreL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they had a problem with their tour bus and could not make it in time to Seattle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: