Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - New pedal
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New pedal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Morgan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: New pedal Reply with quote

This is not intended as spam, but since a few people here are aware of, or even have the SOV-1 overdrive pedal (Robben has a couple), I thought some people might like to know that there is finally an SOV-2, battery operated pedal available. All I can really tell you about it right now is that it eats batteries, and the prototype I tried sounded even better than the SOV-1. I also know it's not gonna be cheap.

The company that makes it here in Japan is Pacifix Ltd., and while the designer is a friend of mine, I'm not affiliated with the company. However, if anyone would like to contact me about the pedal, I'd be happy to pass your inquiries along.

Again, sorry if this sounds like spam. David is welcome to delete this post if it is considered inappropriate.

Bill
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bluesman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for info Bill, is there any link to their site or sound samples on the net?
Also any info on Providence Sonic Drive 3 pedal will be appreciated – how it compares to SOV-2, etc.
Bill Morgan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesman wrote:
Thanks for info Bill, is there any link to their site or sound samples on the net?
Also any info on Providence Sonic Drive 3 pedal will be appreciated – how it compares to SOV-2, etc.

The SOV-2 is not on their website yet, but there are some video clips of the Sonic Drive 3 pedal. Here's the link.

http://www.providence.jp/providence/fx_series/fx_1.html

The Sonic Drive 3 is really intended for rhythm players, and is a bit middy with a light bottom end, in order to fit into a mix better without stepping on the bass or keyboard. The SOV-2 is a fuller, more natural sounding pedal. It's the kind of pedal you can leave on all the time and just adjust your playing to go from clean to overdrive. It's a very pretty and transparent sounding pedal. Although I haven't talked to Garth yet, I'm hoping he'll do a demo with it.

Bill
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bluesman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot,
I’m really looking forward to hear some demos, especially from Garth.
Phill_B

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be sure to tell Garth Webber about it when he comes over tomorrow.

Phillip
JohnnyZ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phill_B wrote:
I'll be sure to tell Garth Webber about it when he comes over tomorrow.

Phillip

Thanksgiving Day with Garth Webber- very cool! Make sure you've got the amps warmed up and the guitars tuned! Maybe you should have a recorder reeling too!
Phill_B

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm one step ahead of you, I was off from school today and made sure everything was ready, I have an 18 watt Aracom Amp that is on loan to me from Jeff Aragaki, my Fender Concert Amp (the same model and year that Garth uses) is also ready, as for pedals my Zendrive is also ready, the guitars are tuned, my new H4 Zoom recorder has new batteries in it and is raring to go as with my video camera . But he is really coming over for a relaxing family Thanksgiving and I don't want to bother him too much. We will also begin working on his MySpace page (Garth Webber and Red Rooster Studios) which will be up soon.

Phillip
diatonicdude

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil,

you are one lucky person to be aquainted with Garth, and have him come to your home to play. He is a superb player/musician, and unbelievably not that well known to the masses. I hope a good time is had by all. I have sent you a PM.

Cheers,

DD
Phill_B

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, the new Garth Webber MySpace in now up and running!! Guitarist/ SingerSongwriter has played with such people as Miles Davis and John Lee Hooker. www.myspace.com/garthwebber

It was great having Garth over yesterday, I told him about the pedals and he sounded interested in demo-ing. The main purpose yesterday was to make the MySpace and its done now so go take a look!!

Phillip
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: