Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Is there a new Robben (Carlton) DVD out there?
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there a new Robben (Carlton) DVD out there?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badronald

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Is there a new Robben (Carlton) DVD out there? Reply with quote

Were any DVD's of the shows released in the US?
Thanks.
Badronald

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello?
JackD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered and received the combo set from Larry carlton with his Blues instruction set and the RF/LC live CD, As a bonus to the CD is a DVD of their Osaka concert (part of it). The quality is not that hot, but it's still great to see.

When I saw Robben in New York back in September, I asked him about the DVD with he and Larry. He said they are still working on it and it will be coming out.
PierreL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a bit confused, so Robben was not talking about that DVD recorded in Japan ? Are they supposed to release another one then ?
There's already the one recorded in France at the New Morning , where they are in fact guests only.

What do you mean by "not that hot" ? Visually or musically
JackD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PierreL wrote:
I am a bit confused, so Robben was not talking about that DVD recorded in Japan ? Are they supposed to release another one then ?
There's already the one recorded in France at the New Morning , where they are in fact guests only.

What do you mean by "not that hot" ? Visually or musically

As far as the DVD, I asked Robben what was the status of the DVD with Larry Carlton. I was referring to the high quality, wide screen Video from Japan that has been posted here and there.

What I meant by "not that hot" is the video quality. As always, the playing and the music is excellent.
Barbiche

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a new DVD including Robben Ford, Larry Carlton and Autour du Blues. You can get some informations on this page:

http://www.claude-engel.com/highlights.html
Ford427

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: DVD Reply with quote

Just picked this DVD up off auction :
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Track.aspx?site=TRADEME%2C%2Cemail%2D%2Dauction%5Fend%5Fhigh%5Fbidder&redirect=%2FBrowse%2FListing%2Easpx%3Fid%3D127715501

Looking forward to checking it out.
ford427.
jconstant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackD wrote:

As far as the DVD, I asked Robben what was the status of the DVD with Larry Carlton. I was referring to the high quality, wide screen Video from Japan that has been posted here and there.

What I meant by "not that hot" is the video quality. As always, the playing and the music is excellent.

Jack, are you sure Robben understood that's the video you were asking him about?

I too got that Larry Carlton package that included the DVD of the concert and you're right. The music is good, but the quality of the video is pretty lousy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: