Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Ohne Filter 9/18/1997 Concert DVD
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ohne Filter 9/18/1997 Concert DVD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfhalo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Ohne Filter 9/18/1997 Concert DVD Reply with quote

The latest Ohne Filter concert DVD from 9/18/1997 featuring Robben, Chris Chaney, Gary Novak, & Deron Johnson is now available at Amazon.com. Just go to Amazon and type in "Robben Ford".......the new DVD will be shown at the very top of the list. I got mine two days ago and, since Tiger Walk is one of my favorite Robben releases, this performance really stands out since several of the tunes came from that CD.
Also, if you truly love music, get the "Standing in the Shadows of Motown" DVD. It's the incredible story of the Funk Brothers.......the musicians who played on virtually every Motown record ever made in Detroit, MI. If you don't get tears in your eyes watching this DVD, you have no soul! It's a fantastic piece of music history. Enjoy.
Badronald

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great DVD. The band is really rockin' Highly recommended!
FatTeleTom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's on its way, along with the "clinic" DVD. Can't wait.
frank0936

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: DVD Reply with quote

Mine came Wednesday as I was walking out the door to a gig. I finally got to watch it last night. I had to watch it twice! The band is cookin'! What a treat to see Robben playing a Strat. He gets a fat tone out of that bridge pickup. No surprises there, though. He gets that tone out of everything. I wish I could figure that out. I'd love to be able to make my Strat sound like that.
Frank
Ford427

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Tiger walk! Reply with quote

My copy of the new DVD arrived late last week and I thought I would make it my late Friday night treat with a couple of beers and a bit of volume.
Well I tell ya, I was not disappointed! The band was on form and Robben looked very happy to be there and that really came through in his playing.
Standout tracks for me were ' Freedom ' and especially ' Tiger Walk '. Just Awesome.
A great performance by all musicians featured.

More live DVD's please Robben!

Ford427.
Badronald

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: DVD Reply with quote

frank0936 wrote:
Mine came Wednesday as I was walking out the door to a gig. I finally got to watch it last night. I had to watch it twice! The band is cookin'! What a treat to see Robben playing a Strat. He gets a fat tone out of that bridge pickup. No surprises there, though. He gets that tone out of everything. I wish I could figure that out. I'd love to be able to make my Strat sound like that.
Frank

I get a much fatter tone out of my Strat than that track. The key is to wire your back tone pot to the bridge pickup. Roll it off and get rid of the twang. Similar to Eric Johnson or Joe Bonamassa.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: