Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Robben in Atlanta last night
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Robben in Atlanta last night

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Robben in Atlanta last night Reply with quote

Saw Robben, Ruthie, and Jorma last night in Atlanta. Highly recommend checking out this tour if you get the chance.

Knew very little about Ruthie going into last night. This lady is incredible! She's got a set of pipes that will blow you down! Very talented with a great sense of humor to boot.

Knew very little about Jorma going into last night. Very laid back.

Then came Robben..he was great as usual. His voice sounded great and, as usual, his playing was red hot! He played the tele all night.
He played about 6 or 7 tunes w/his trio and then brought Ruthie out and they did a couple of songs with her singing. Then they brought out Jorma for a couple of tunes.

For you gearheads, here's where I'm going to let you down. I sat up in the balcony, so all I could see was a Fender amp, and some other amp head that was red. I couldn't make out the logo on it.

All in all, an enjoyable evening. A couple of good things came out of it all;
-I'm now a fan of Ruthie Foster
-My wife attended the show with me and enjoyed it (much to her surprise)
-I convinced another couple to attend the show. Neither of which had ever heard of anyone on the bill, and they left as fans of Robben Ford.
-The venue was The Variety Playhouse which holds about 1,500 people (?) and it looked to me to be very crowded. So maybe more promoters willl bring shows like Robben through more often.
Red Suede

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody on The Gearpage (I think) said his Dumble died and he was using a red Louis Electric head and 2-12 cabinet.
AlChuck

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to see this bill in San Rafael, CA on Friday, Feb. 27 - my wife got us tickets as a Valentine's Day gift. Looking forward to it, last time I saw Robben was with the Ford Brothers Band two years ago at Moe's Alley in Santa Cruz.
mike789

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Suede wrote:
Somebody on The Gearpage (I think) said his Dumble died and he was using a red Louis Electric head and 2-12 cabinet.

I don't know about the Dumble being in the shop, but the red amp head was a Louis Electric.
frank0936

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Dumble DOA Reply with quote

One comment about the Dumble going away was in the review on Daved's page. It's the thread about the mystery pedal.
Frank
Guitar Bob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: His current tour Reply with quote

A little late here, but I just saw the three of them Feb. 26 downtown at the Golden Theater [got up close, and backstage too].
He was playing what looked like a tan-colored Dumble on top of a matching cab.
I got to tell him what great rhythm licks he plays [he does!] and that I'd seen him in 1970 w/ Jimmy Witherspoon. [hah! He doesn't look that old.]

Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: