Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Robben will be recording 2 live shows at The Independent
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Robben will be recording 2 live shows at The Independent
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alan47

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice review Martin and welcome from another newcomer. I live in the east bay and am kicking myself for not making that show. Well if it does come out on disc at least i have an idea what will be on it. Thanks for taking the time to post!
kurt1981

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone who attended give us a gear/guitars played rundown? Can't wait till this comes out, wonder when we can expect it?
dodgeboy

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay in posting but here it is.
Went regrettably only Thursday night. Great venue. Seen Derrek Trucks there so we kind'a knew what to expect. Was pleasantly surprised when we entered and seen tables and chairs on the floor!!!! My back and knees jumped for joy!!!! Sat at the table to the left of "red suede" like second row right of center stage.
Sound was killer. What struck me was the "detail" of the sound. All inst. mixed perfectly. No one was left out. Both sets were great. I personally liked the second set a touch better with the addition of Neil Evans. The interplay with Neil and Robben was fantastic. I have also seen Robben many times, in different venues and with different players. This show rates up in my top 5 of all time. Robben really "pushed" it, taking chances with the solos and going all out. Also noticed a change in the setlist . Adding many "newer" tunes and dropping some of my "old Blueline" favorites. Guess that's just a sign of the times. On the other hand it was nice to hear something different, and I guess he can't play everything or we would have been there all night...so what...lol.
Nice to get a chance to say hi to Daved and Pat. Both were friendly, as usual, and excited about the shows.
Only regret was, we only went Thursday. Thanx Robben, we had a great time, guess he didn't need to ask us!!!!

Setlist 4/9/09

Set:1
Lateral Climb
Indianola
The Way That You Treated Me
Supernatural
Cannonball Shuffle
Blue Moon
Never Be Another You

Set:2
Spoonful
Don't Worry
Thoughtless
Nothing To Nobody
Earthquake
Set A Date
Too Much
How Deep In The Blues...
Peace On My Mind
E: Freedom
jam_loss

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Great show, can't wait for the CD! Reply with quote

TOTALLY amazing, rapturous night. I didn't expect seats, told the wife, who said, nothanks.. I went solo, and was pleasantly surprised to see tables & chairs out on the floor. I found a seat on the right side, near the booths against the wall, but on the floor. Clear line of sight, and the sound like other reviewers mentioned, was just right. Clear, not distortion, just right volume.. The warmup band was very good, hope to see them again sometime. Set the mood just right for Robben & band's upcoming jams.. and jam they did, never fearing to take the extra measure, and playing each and every song just right. Really glad to see that show, hope the CD comes out soon..

peace
jam
Daved
Robben Connection

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robben has mentioned to me that he is extremely pleased with the way the CD is coming along.

"This boy's diseased with rhythm!" -Bing Crosby (Road To Rio, '49)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: