Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - R.I.P no more value
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R.I.P no more value

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluelobster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: R.I.P no more value Reply with quote

Well , what is RIP anyway, doesn't mean nothing anymore , as long we're getting older we sure do know we are going toward death, like this board , just running like an old man stuck up listening to his old music. Where are the mods anyway, Elizbeth keeps her hands off (pun intended) captain gets money and his coloradoing himself, Diatonic isduding around 5 O clock making sure the tea is fine . Sure i might be an opportunist , and tells Edpesco i love the way he is in order to have my teeth cured, but that guy is such a wise man i know for sure it will be a tough bargain.........wow wow
i am sure now you can feel bitterness................I don't even dare posting up the Daved Zone , it is just like a private Zone where ones can discuss " les mérites comparés de la qualité du plastic quant à l'utilisation des médiators ainsi que de la provenance des courroies de guitare "
Sure enough , some of you might meditate about ......................
So Mike is gone, endof an era , like PArker, Hendrix, Miles ans so many more ........................................................i am not even rant mode one,
may be drunk but you bunch of politically KreKt guys, you're not there to make the joint (once again pun intended).

Well for me Off the wall is the chef d'oeuvre
Otherwise , Quincy is fucking great
roadwarriorfortheblues

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, the RIP thread has a depressing future; it's likely to outlive all of us. Shocked

Long live Blob ! Very Happy
Daved
Robben Connection

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For many, death and RIPs may be a depressing, morbid topic.

Personally, I don't see it that way. It is a fact of life. You can't avoid it, so rather than being scared and hiding from it, I feel one should accept it and address it openly as it presents itself.

One celebrates birth as beginning of potential. Death is the final stroke, the period on the last paragraph of everyone's novel, and I feel it should be accepted as a reason to reflect, appreciate, and learn from the individual masterworks left behind rather than to dwell on and avoid the knowledge that that tale has ended.

For me, it is not the death itself that is depressing... to everything there is a season. Rather, it is the story left behind that is either a wonder of joy and accomplishment, or can be a sad tale of failure and woe.
Either way, there is good in the lessons to be learned if you choose to look for them.

All tales eventually come to an end and it is the life-story itself that deserves reflection. If it was a tale of misery & woe, than one should find the good in that tale by observing and learning the lessons taught.
If it is a tale of wonder, creativity, and accomplishment, one should admire, respect, and again learn the lessons taught.
Yes, it can be a sad thing when a good book comes to an end, but all good and bad things eventually come to an end and one should take joy, hope, and solace in the stories themselves.

This said, I personally would rather know when a lifestory that I have followed (and indeed, may actually have been a part of, or had an influence on, my own lifestory) comes to an end.
I hate novels, movies, and music left unresolved...
I would rather know when a life-story has ended so that I may evaluate, appreciate, and absorb the lessons or art that those tales have to offer me.

Again, this being said, I realize many do not see life and death in this way. They see no beauty in the resolution of life-stories, only misery and depression. They tend to chase the unrealistic dream that life can go on forever and get depressed when confronted with the truth that it does not and therefore avoid the reflection that is left behind for their appreciation and study.

I do not take joy in the ending, but I DO take joy in knowledge of the life that led to that ending.

That is why, tho several posters have started RIP threads around this forum, I have taken to listing my RIPs only in the thread running in the Daved Zone. That is my zone and I feel I may speak on any subject I feel like addressing there. There are so very many incredible life-stories that have been paralleling my own, and I choose to acknowledge that they are and were there, rather than turning my back on them and hoping they go away because it depresses me to know they have finally run their courses and come to their ends.

I also feel that the thread is CLEARLY marked as a RIP thread and, if death and the final resolutions of stories and histories that have influenced MY life (and hopefully yours as well) is something that one cannot handle or that holds negative connotations for one, than I suggest that one not click on that thread and read it.

Instead, go on avoiding & denying the knowledge that people and their stories, like any novel, eventually come to an end, believing that your heroes and villains live eternally because you cannot accept their inevitable demise and appreciate the lessons their lives have left behind for you. The end, in many cases, IS the truth and the lesson and the art of some lives.

Any good book is sad when it comes to an end, even if it was a tale totally of joy, hope, and accomplishment. But rather than dwell on the sorrow of that ending, I choose to live in glow of the total story that was told and the lessons left behind.

One can ignore death and go on with their life fearing the knowledge of death and avoiding the resolutions to the mysteries of life, or one can willingly accept and embrace that there is a good side to everything if one chooses to see it.

I acknowledge RIPs for the good things that those RIPs have left behind in my life with the hope that those life-stories will enhance and better my own, and only hope that when my time comes to RIP, that I truly can RIP with the knowledge that others are more joyful and appreciative of the good things my life had to offer than be so disturbed by my end that they turn away and shun what my life-story had to tell, pretending that I had never been and gone in the first place.

To all those who have gone before me... I salute you! R.I.P.

Just my opinion mind you. Wink

"This boy's diseased with rhythm!" -Bing Crosby (Road To Rio, '49)
JohnnyZ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daved, this has to be the prologue to your book.
Bluelobster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: great reading Reply with quote

Daved wrote:
For many, death and RIPs may be a depressing, morbid topic.....
......To all those who have gone before me... I salute you! R.I.P.

Just my opinion mind you. Wink

Nice read Daved , there was no personnal attack there besides the teasing
plastic plectrum & leather straps digression not even aimed at U.
Well like we use to say we french, shake a tree and something will always come out .... Razz i had pleasure in reading.

Now King of pop is gone, everybody is waking up and praise his genius,
it's not really a surprise anyway .
Daved
Robben Connection

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No personal attack assumed, Blob.
We all have our viewpoints on the subject and this one was mine.
Actually I had been thinking recently about how others might view the RIP threads and this gave me the opportunity to express my thoughts.

"This boy's diseased with rhythm!" -Bing Crosby (Road To Rio, '49)
Bluelobster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: sunday , bloody sunday Reply with quote

Daved , i like the way you make this board vivid.

Now i can't say if that concern me more than ever, but it seems to me we lost a truckload of artists these past monthes.................
frank0936

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:16 am    Post subject: where are the mods? Reply with quote

Present. I'm here almost every day.
Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: