Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Dallas Date onsale
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dallas Date onsale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
route66blues

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Dallas Date onsale Reply with quote

Just got a notice for a pre-sale at the Granada Theatre in Dallas. Public sale is this Friday. I'm sure there is a way to get in on the pre-sale if you call the theatre. http://campaign.constantcontact.com/render?v=001SbPU0nO9dPCCO-iLKb4X0KUFkFnr6fBNfT47fUuIU589R_57YAteD8pMJDkakqo1BbbWou8EDuNOEnyIuDRCZJ_MZ8GlC7Hwe0EmHNRqZAY%3D Try this link
route66blues

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick report from last night in Dallas. Good crowd I think the Theater holds 600 when seated. I would say it was near capacity. Clay McClinton Delbert's son opened and he has a good enough voice decent songs. Then a young Austin Tx kid named Eric Tessmer. Nothing I haven't already heard to death. Heavy on the SRV thing.

Robben comes on about 10 and totally just rips through a 90 minute set. Since this was a fly in to Austin date with the Dallas show thrown in I figured he would have Brannen Temple on drums which he did and always a treat. The guy is amazing. Robben appears to have a lot of fun playing with him and gives everything a totally different feel. He was given a lot of space and solo or extended breaks while Robben tuned. Andy Hess on Bass. Andy did a fine job. The last time Robben was in these parts Roscoe was on bass. No let down though.

You know there was not too much time for rehearsals but the songs were by no means dumbed down. Robben did have a case or CRS. Can't Remember Shit or the words in this case to Peace on My Mind. He went totally blank tried to get it and then worked the band over to the next song. Love the song so listened to it on the way home.

Robben kept his promise to play Nothin to Nobody for me even though he didn't know I was there. Thanks Robben. Great version. It was worth the 200 miles trip down from OKC and back arriving this morning about 3:30. It was a varied set with a couple of the new ones off of Soul on Ten and the opening song Supernatural. First time to hear anything from Truth live.

We don't get much of Robben in this part of the country. I don't expect that to change just have to enjoy it when it does happen. Sorry no set list didn't write it down and I can't remember shit unless I do. I just hope Robben does remeber that he has fans in the midwest. Always an open invitation to add OKC to the routing next time Austin calls.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: