Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Fender Vibro King
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fender Vibro King

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard Harris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Fender Vibro King Reply with quote

Anybody have experience with one and your thoughts on the amp?

Thanks, Ricko
Phill_B

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like mine, I haven't played it in a while but I really like the 3 knob reverb. The amp gets a really cool distortion/ breakup that I haven't heard from other amps. I play primarily 335's and they sound pretty good with it. I have a strat but I don't play that too much and haven't had a chance to play it through the Vibro King. I also really like the fat switch, I leave it on all the time.
Richard Harris

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: vibro king Reply with quote

Phil thanks. Currently I have an American Deluxe Tele with single coils and I am playing thur a 1990's Fender Super, not a Super Reverb just a Super with 4 10's similar to the Concert Amp along with the Zen Overdrive when needed. I have a friend that has a new 93 Blonde Vibro King that he will part with for $1400.00, only played about an hour or two, I am interested but have been saving maybe for a Two Rock or something similar and then this came up. The Fender Super hasnt been that realiable in the shop 4 times but I love the tone. The tech says its the worst design hes ever seen but thats a tech, they dont listen to tone. Should I wait for the two rock or pick up the Vibro King? The price seems right and its hand wired custom shop stuff.
What to do. Two Rocks are twice the cost used are thay twice as good, twice the tone? Hmmm. Help
Phill_B

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a tough one... I have not played the bolnde one (I have the "Blackface Transition" style one) and I'm pretty sure that the blonde ones have a different circuit/ reverb driver, I can't remember. If I was you I would try to play on the Vibro King for as long as possible, maybe even bring it to a jam if he'll let you, I think thats the only way to see if you really like an amp. I do really like two rocks though, I have played alot of them but don't own one. There are a lot of great amp builders now and its hard to find an amp that does everything well. Sorry if I've been more trouble than help!
AlChuck

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're thinking about a Two Rock, you might also want to check out a Fuchs Overdrive Supreme, a Glaswerks, and/or a Bludotone... I've also personally played through a Carr Slant6V and it is wonderful...
Tele295

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a blonde one since 1994. It's a good amp, but can be a little too bright with single coil Fender-type pickups. It is a dream with humbuckers, though, and that is the amp I like to use with my 72RI Thinline.
Geoff J

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i had some extra coin lyin around - I'd get a VR

Everyone I have played through - I've had alot of fun !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: