Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - My Fender Robben Ford Ultra SP is for sale
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Fender Robben Ford Ultra SP is for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuart Vessels

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: My Fender Robben Ford Ultra SP is for sale Reply with quote

I just don't play it. It's in excellent if not mint condition. I'm the original owner. Waited a year and half for it. No dings/scratches. Plays great. Beautiful. I'm just afraid to take it to gigs and can't afford to keep it. Case looks great. Original paper work. I'm the first owner. Certificate shows oct 99 and the serial number and the maker (someone with the last name Feal it looks like). Would consider trading for a Les Paul Standard historic with slim neck.

The only modification is a minor wiring change done by a professional, but very cool; can be reversed of cousre, but you may not want to: It has Fralin Unbuckers. The bottom tone knob is a blender pot that allows you to blend the two pickups to the desired level. The bottom volume knob is a master volume (controls both pickups) like a PRS. One of the other knobs (forgot which one) acts as a variable coil tap -- that is, instead of just turning the coil tap toggle switch on or off, you can leave it on and bleed in only a little or all of the other coil. I found this very practical to blend in only half or so of the second coil. When your amp is cranked, that can make a big difference in output. I ended up doing it to other guitars as well.

If anyone is interested, please email me and I'll send pics. Only serious inquries please. THanks.
Stuart Vessels

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photos are at...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320141731153
JackD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart:

I'm very interested. I can keep my eye on the auction or work something out with you. Send me an email:

jfdifranco@comcast.net

Thanks
ropiyas

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...there's one being offered right now at the gear page's guitar emporium. Wow. What a beauty!!!
bobgoblin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Ultra SP on TGP's emporiums was mine. Sad to see it go, great guitar, but I'm happy that it's finding its way to a good home.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: