Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - wheres Robbens number one?
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wheres Robbens number one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> The Daved Zone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lemonjefferson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: wheres Robbens number one? Reply with quote

what happened to Robbens Esprit that he used on TTYD, Blue Line album and Mystic Mile?

quote from Robben about the Signature models: "I only have one today - a much later model."

All I know is that it was the prototype made by Dan Smith and John Carruthers and that it had a Nitro finish as opossed to the poly finish that the Esprit Ultra and later Robben Ford signatures had. Also I heard from one source it was actually handmade by Carruthers as the template for the Ibanez factory to make esprt ultra models in Japan.
richardmca

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if we are talking about the same thing here, but I have a RF Ultra FM signature model from the Corona shop, serial 004. It was built by Gene Baker, and Gene told me that Robben took 002 and 003, which he also built. 004 was used by Fender at shows, then bought and kept under the stairs until I got it. Gene didn't say what happened to 001, but by implication it didn't go to Robben.

So according to both John Page and Gene, not all the RF models in the Corona shop were built by Greg Fessler (as wrongly stated by a current listing for a 2010 model on ebay). In fact Gene told me some interesting things about the carving on the models he made, and about what happened to the quality later in the run.

None of this tells you 'what happened' to the guitar Smile but maybe it was either 002 or 003?
lemonjefferson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks for this info this is quite interesting!

I was actually referring to his first Ultra/SP the one that kicked of the japanese/ibanez made ones.

I think he used that on all the albums up until Handful of Blues or Supernatural.

many thanks indeed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> The Daved Zone All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: