Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Robben live w/ Renegade Creation line-up
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Robben live w/ Renegade Creation line-up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
franklsferd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: Robben live w/ Renegade Creation line-up Reply with quote

Robben is coming to a venue in my neck of the woods with the Renegade Creation line-up, and I was wondering if anyone knows what they'll play other than Renegade Creation tunes. Surely there must be other music in their setlist, otherwise it'll be one short show with just the R.G. music, and the tickets were a good buck so I'm hoping there's SOME solo Robben stuff that they do. Anyone catch this line-up live that can fill me in on what to expect? Thanks!
anne
Robben Connection

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robben says there will be some of Robben's tunes from other albums as well as some blues covers in the show.
frank0936

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

I just got the update email from Robben today. That's a wonderful addition.
franklsferd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Observations from after the show Reply with quote

Well, I went. This was my third time seeing Robben live, but my first time seeing him with the Renegade Creation guys. He had his Telecaster, and something I never thought I'd see, an SG! And it looked like one of the newer "reissue" SGs, a '68 I believe. Unless it was a real '68 and it was in immaculate condition. I was bummed that he didn't have his Dumble rig, he had two Fender twins and Michael Landau had two Hot Rod DeVilles (I don't know if that's his normal rig). All throughout the show, it seemed as though Robben was battling with the sound guy, as he was way too quiet on guitar and he kept motioning back behind the curtain raising his arms in an upward motion, as if to say turn it up. He never really got turned up. He sounded really thin with almost no sustain and low volume. Landau sounded great and was on fire the whole show. I like Landau, he's a great player, but I wanted to hear Robben get fired up and it never happened. Sort of a bummer of a show from that standpoint. Jimmy Haslip is a lot of fun to watch! As is Gary Novak, lots of energy those two! Looking forward to new Renegade recordings and hopefully another tour to support it!
dugjustdug

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly no expert here, but, I have heard Robben will rent Twins for his traveling shows rather than lug gear - esp. his Dumble. Really sorry sound guy wasn't complying. Nothing turns a player off quicker than not getting normal tone during a show.
Danny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard he likes to have Red Knob Twins when he can't/doesn't want to bring his Dumble rig..
"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: