Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - FOA anyone with "Tiger Walk" tab book!!!!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FOA anyone with "Tiger Walk" tab book!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicspoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: FOA anyone with "Tiger Walk" tab book!!!! Reply with quote

Its now out of print, and i cant get my hands on it anywhere! Im really wanting to learn "I cant stand the rain" and "Tiger Walk", but there are no tabs on the net. Can someone (if they have the tab book or tabs) scan them, or write them out please? Im gutted i cant buy this book as its a must have.

PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!

Matt
dimstry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I own the book "Tiger Walk"...and I'm willing to sell it to you...

friendly greetings,

Dimstry
Jman99

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Tabs for trade? Reply with quote

Hey guys,
I know this thread is kinda old, but please anyone let me know if you have any of the tabs available for the songs on Tiger Walk. This is an AWESOME album, but the only tabs/sheet music available is for "the Champ" which I have. I would love to learn some of these songs. I also have published tabs for like 15 of his other songs, which I'd be willing to trade. Thanks guys!

--Jason
franklsferd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I own the book. However, I saw some lawyer on here pre-threatening about sharing transcriptions that I didn't understand. If a book is out of print, especially for as long as Tiger Walk has been out of print, there's obviously no way for Robben to make any more royalties off of it. I would be willing to share a few progressions or solos, maybe even a couple tunes if its not too much of a pain to do it and it's within reason, but you cant expect me to just hand the book over. While it's not beneficial to anyone having a bunch of Robben clones out there, I believe being able to study his innovative licks and chord choices can lead to further innovation. If you can even execute them! You'd have to let me know when you're on here again, and we can arrange something thru personal email accounts or something. And there is currently ONE copy of the Tiger Walk transcription book available for purchase on Amazon right now for a ridiculous price of 200 bucks if you have cash to burn and want to be able to go over the whole album at your leisure. It will hold its value and possibly increase, which makes it a sound investment on many levels. No, it is not me selling it, I'll never sell mine.
Jman99

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Franklsferd,
Yah I saw the criminally high-priced tab book on Amazon, which of course I can't afford. I'm also certainly aware of the royalty-legal issues. If Robben would post the tabs on this site, even charge for them, I would happily buy them. That is what Frank Gambale does on his site and I think it's a great idea.
I certainly never expected you to hand over the book or copy the entire thing. I'm just a bedroom guitarist who likes to learn to play the songs he likes. I'm not trying to study Robben's style or create this kind of music on my own, so I'm not really into learning just a few licks or techniques.
Anyway, thanks for the response and I'll keep looking.
Danny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, it's almost depressing looking at the obscenely low availability of full album transcriptions from Robben's earlier days. What gives with these books being out of print? The market for those things seems pretty big to me, if someone is hawking one for $200 on eBay!
"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan
Jman99

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah I know Danny, I wish artists would just release all the tabs to their music all the time, even if it's just digital downloads. That wouldn't cost them hardly anything since no printing and distribution is involved.

I don't know if you saw my other post, but ALL of the Tiger Walk transcriptions have just become available for digital download ($1.29 per song) on guitarinstructor.com. I made a request there a few weeks ago, because they had some of Robben's other songs, and they wrote me yesterday saying they got the songs! I was soooo psyched. Anyway, that guy selling his for $200 can take a hike, am I right? =)
Danny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have missed that post, but that's awesome news! You can have the entire album for less than $15!
"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan
franklsferd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, thats awesome that you can get those so cheap! its about time! Robben refuses to have anything to do with the whole Tiger Walk thing, whether it's the CD or the transcription. I guess it has something to do with the band he used, and the fact that he didnt use the Blue Line guys and they were upset about it or something. If you look on his website in the store section he's selling every CD he has ever made except Tiger Walk. There is your proof. Too bad, I think its in the top 5 best guitar albums of all time!!
follow_the_music

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know on which site you looked: the Tiger Walk album is shown on Robbens website
http://www.robbenford.com/discography.html
BTW: you learn much more by transcribing even a few bars of a solo by yourself instead of learning it from tabs...
fungusmungus49

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@follow_the_music
I agree to that. I've tried to transcribe Oasis (form The Art of Blues Rythm).
Please have a look. http://www.fischerdruck-pattensen.de/Sounds/
follow_the_music

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great. I'm sorry I've not the time to look it over. Melody statement looks good.
what you should change definitly: you use sharps and flats in a more or less random order, which makes it really hard to read, even more for guitar players Wink
I don't know which program you use, but i.g. if the chord is Eb-min there should be only flats (b) no sharps (#)
fungusmungus49

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right :-\ I will do the changes. Progam is LilyPond.
pinner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarInstructor.com has them all published and are selling them for 1.29 each.

http://www.guitarinstructor.com/search/advancedsearch.do?keywords=Robben+Ford+&sort=contributor&startrecord=1&endrecord=40&resultperpage=40&format=TAB&format=BTAB&format=EGTB&format=GPLA&format=GTRSO&format=UKE&format=GTRCHD
franklsferd

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

follow_the_music wrote:
don't know on which site you looked: the Tiger Walk album is shown on Robbens website
http://www.robbenford.com/discography.html
BTW: you learn much more by transcribing even a few bars of a solo by yourself instead of learning it from tabs...
Hey big guy, I looked on Robben Ford's "store" section of the same official website, where he has his CDs for sale, not the discography section. Obviously he acknowledges he made the album, he just doesn't sell it anymore, which you would also be able to see if you'd look again and visit the store section. But thanks for attempting to make me look silly, hope you felt better about yourself for those few fleeting days! BTW, I don't buy transcription books because I lack the ability to figure things out. I buy them because they are out of print collectors items. I've been playing for over 30 years, with a scholarship for music in my past, but again, thanks for the tips, I always enjoy condescending narcissistic people!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: