Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Bullet
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bullet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ford427

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Bullet Reply with quote

Really enjoying this new album, How about you guys?
jconstant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only had time to listen to it a couple of times but I like what I hear a lot. Robben's writing and style are all over it and it sounds great!
roadwarriorfortheblues

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: BULLET Reply with quote

I love the new CD! I heard a few of the songs performed live last summer at RC's gig at the Iridium Jazz Club in NYC. I also heard Robben play some solo at his April clinic in St. Pete. The music on this album sounds great live -- and the CD sounds great when played on a sound system. Here's what I love about the music:

All Over Again - Great opening song. Straight away I heard a difference in way the vocals are presented on this whole album. There's a certain clarity to the vocals that stands out, but there is warmth in the expression of what's being said. I also love this song's swinging, loopy beat.

Bullet - I love this song, especially the bridge "do you remember..... do you feel anything?" that's reminiscent of 80s & 90s power pop. Loud whining guitars and lyrical angst. After listening to Bullet a bunch of times, I had to find my Smithereens cassettes Razz (another one of my favorite bands of the 20th century!)

On a Mountain - I love Michael's whispered vocals. I love how the guitars dance with each other. I love Haslip's heavy handed groove.

Nazareth - A beautiful song -- I love the layering of steady acoustic strumming against the electric guitar trimmings. Gorgeous vocals -- so vulnerable yet believable!

People Like Me - This is more than a great pop song! It's got great lyrics and expressive vocals -- but it's the extended guitar play that makes it special! It's like two songs in one!

Too much of nothin' - A great Dylan cover. Love the vocals and love the guitar solo. I wonder who played the horns at the end?

Greedy Life - Slow blues with a volcanic temper. Michael's talking vocals are great! I love all the singing on this record.

High & Low - I love the funky rock riff -- the shimmy -- that carries through the song. This is a big rock arena type of song -- it would sound awesome in a really big hall, like Madison Square Garden Shocked .

Older Today - Beautiful acoustic song with great lyrics. This song sounds like it belongs on a Broadway or movie soundtrack.

The artwork on the CD cover is awesome too.

I hope to see Renegade Creation again sometime soon! Very Happy
AlChuck

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's an improvement over the first Renegade Creation CD...
follow_the_music

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love especially "Older Today"..great lyrics, and this wonderful, 4th and add9 chords. This song screams for some longer, full blown outro solo, despite the great short solo statement by Landau
ducharme-jones

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised this CD isn't getting more promo. The iTunes page is running the info of the first album for Bullet. It's as if it was released and totally written off.
jbear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...I would sure dig another Jing Chi recording...it'd be cool with Landau. I listen to the RC stuff and find myself wishing that they would just play more and sing less.
I feel that way about the new Krantz tunes too...Wayne...sing in the shower...play on the releases. Same with Jeff Beck when he did the electronica stuff for a few years...jeez Jeff...PLAY!
That's my issue and not theirs...everyone should make music their own way. I just sure do wish they'd get the hankering to do something instrumental.
I'll always be an RF fan, a Krantz fan, a JB fan...but I won't like everything they do. That just isn't realistic.
Now that Robben Ford with DK Big Band...When Jazz Meets Blues...that's killer! Guitar is mixed a little low but the s##t swings heavy. Thank you Frank S. for the source info.!
AlChuck

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbear, if you are interested in Wayne Krantz you might like to know that Abstract Logix juts put up an MP3 download for a live recording of Wayne with Keith Carlock and Tim Lefebvre at the Iridium this April

http://www.abstractlogix.com/xcart/product.php?productid=25544
jbear

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip...AL is a great source of cool tunes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: