Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Earthquake
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Earthquake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Transcriptions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick-O

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Earthquake Reply with quote

I have been trying to get this right for too long. I bought the two DVDs, art of solo and rhythm, but there was no PDF. RF makes it clear he is just playing 7th chords, but I have tried all the 7th chords I know including Mickey Baker and there is something missing.
His fingers are so darn long, that even when I freeze frame I can tell which are touching and which aren't.
Anyway, if anyone can help me I would sure appreciate it.
jconstant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a particular part of the song you're having trouble with? I have a transcription from Robben's Songcraft course that should have some answers.

I hear some 13th's in there so that could be what you're hearing too. Remember, 13 chords are 7th chords.
Nick-O

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if that is what it is then. I will have a chance to play later today. I thought the 7th chords sounded hollow or light or something.
I know a few 13th fingerings, but didn't see that in the video "lesson" on the DVD.
Thanks though, I guess I will look again. Otherwise I will try searching the internet for a transcription if there is one out there.
jconstant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick-O wrote:
but didn't see that in the video "lesson" on the DVD.

Which DVD are you looking at? If it's the Songcraft course then you should see the Chart button right between the SLOMO and PTAB buttons.
Nick-O

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not the songcraft, The Art of Blues Rhythm or Solo, I have both, put out by Hal Leonard "guitar axis" series....
Has PDF's for a few tunes but not Earthquake...of course!
(:
jconstant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick-O wrote:
It is not the songcraft, The Art of Blues Rhythm or Solo, I have both, put out by Hal Leonard "guitar axis" series....
Has PDF's for a few tunes but not Earthquake...of course!
(:

Sorry for not replying sooner, Nic. I'm not getting email notifications of replies.

You're right, it's not on The Art of Blues Rhythm or Solos by Hal Leonard (Guitar Axis series). It's on the Songcraft video from TrueFire: https://truefire.com/robben-ford/songcraft/c242

The 5th video on part 2 is Robben covering Earthquake in a live workshop. Tab and notation is included. I promise.

Very Happy
jconstant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be your lucky day, Nic.

There's a link on Robben's Guitar Dojo page where you'll see a link to get that workshop video, complete with the chart, to Earthquake for FREE. It's the very same one from the DVD.

http://robbenfordguitardojo.com

Jim
Nick-O

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am shocked...this is a lovely bit of fortune! Thanks for passing that along!
(:
Nick-O

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that is more like it...I can open it to mac...I am not a fan of truefire so I am not changing the security parameters for this. I sure appreciate the link and try though.
jconstant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick-O wrote:
Well, that is more like it...I can open it to mac...I am not a fan of truefire so I am not changing the security parameters for this. I sure appreciate the link and try though.

You're welcome, Nick.

Don't let that message about changing your security parameters scare you. You only need to change them if you want to use the TrueFire player and you don't need to do that. If you click 'Download', all it does is download a folder that contains 7 files. One of them is the .pdf you're looking for and another is an .mp4 video of the course. Launch that and it should launch in the QuickTime player.

Hope that helps.
Nick-O

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thank you for that my friend. I have had some computer issues in the past so since I am not terribly bright at the best of times, I see something like that and move on!
I shall dive right back in there then!
Many thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Transcriptions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: