Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Disturbing links to pyramid schemes on Ford's FB page
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disturbing links to pyramid schemes on Ford's FB page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spatzi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Disturbing links to pyramid schemes on Ford's FB page Reply with quote

Was following ford on FB. Yesterday, he posted video of a pyramid marketing scheme, raving about his wife's lexus, all the money she made, his newfound ability to ease off musical work due to "snake oil income" and their combined interest in "anti aging creams."

Very upsetting for various reasons. 1) it first appeared to be a hack, and was questioned as a hack, but ford himself confirmed it wasn't. 2) Ford laughed about all the hater comments, but removed every negative comment, whitewashing the entire comments thread. 4) I found it reprehensible that Ford would used his fanbase as a musician to promote investment in such an obvious scam, and for something as ridiculous as anti aging creams. The man is 65 years old. You think he would know better. Very disappointing to find out he is this shallow.

After my comment was also removed, I stopped following his FB feed. I had planned on seeing him live in Hamburg this May, but I am now so disgusted with he and his wife's ignorance, I have cancelled that idea. I was a long time fan, from the 80's, but this just killed it for me. It's about as bad as finding out someone you love is a scientologist.

I almost wish I had not found out about this. Sometimes, it is better to not know everything about your musical idols.
PierreL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen those posts as well, and found them quite disturbing too, and strange for someone like Robben, whom I viewed like a wise man.
The scientology analogy is rather spot on.
Anyway, I will still listen to his music, after all he didn't kill or molest anybody, and will try to ignore this aspect of him.
frank0936

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject: disturbing post Reply with quote

Robben is a great musician, and I try my best to learn everything I can from him. Anything else, I consider it the way I would from anyone else. He had before and after pictures of his treatments posted somewhere here on the site. The only difference I could see was the lighting. But if it makes him happy and Anne is happy selling it, that's great. I'll keep listening to and enjoying his music and anyone who wants to buy the product can. I'm okay with the way I am.
Nick-O

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I might chime in, I listen and study RF's tecnique on guitar with great awe and respect.
I don't care for many personal beliefs and habits of people in the public, but that has nothing to do with music.
If you stop listening to his music because of his wife's business, or anything else short of criminal activity, that is your right and decision. Spouting off about your decision on a public forum is just for your pride.
Honestly, nobody online knows anyone else, so frankly, I doubt anyone cares but within themselves.
Peace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: