Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Politics
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Politics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> What's New and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jconstant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Politics Reply with quote

Dave,

I'd like to suggest that discussion of politics not be part of this message board as a rule.

Speaking for myself, a person with a profound interest in politics, I want this board to continue to be a friendly place where Robben and all things music are discussed. There are plenty of forums on the web where one can express their opinions about politics and this just isn't the place.

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kirk95
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Politics Reply with quote

jconstant wrote:
Dave,

I'd like to suggest that discussion of politics not be part of this message board as a rule.

Speaking for myself, a person with a profound interest in politics, I want this board to continue to be a friendly place where Robben and all things music are discussed. There are plenty of forums on the web where one can express their opinions about politics and this just isn't the place.

Thanks.

The basic rule here is no personal attacks. So far we've had only one thread that even touched on politics in the history of the board. So I don't see it as huge problem.

But thanks for your suggestion!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jconstant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, its your board and your call.

Personally, I get enough politics almost every waking moment of the day so it would be nice to have this be a politics-free zone. I think its great that there are a lot of thinking individuals here that have opinions about things that are important in our world. But when I'm here, I'm here to talk about Robben and other cool stuff.

I don't think its a huge problem right now either. I just hope it stays that way because I think this is a really great community.
elizabeth
Robben Fan #1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: I'm... Reply with quote

I'm sorry, jconstant. Embarassed
jconstant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elizabeth,

You don't need to apologize.

Politics is a real hot button for many people (yes, including me) and its really easy for it to get out of hand. I just want this to continue to be a great place for Robben fans to hang out whether they be liberal or conservative.

Don't take it personally.
elizabeth
Robben Fan #1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Thanks. Reply with quote

Thanks j.

I don't remember who said it (it might have been Germaine Greer) but, "The personal IS political," and I hope that it can remain a great place, a forum for all. I also hope that stating my (or anyone else's) views will never be considered to be an assault to (or on) anyone. I will defend any other member's right to state and express their opinions with just as much vigor.

e
Bill Morgan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Politics Reply with quote

jconstant wrote:

I would wholeheartedly agree with that, and would add that discussions of sports would also be off topic and unwelcome, at least by me. I had to quit one group because a few members would go off on lengthy and irrelevant sports related discusssions. I think if we keep it RF and/or music related, everyone should be happy. Obviously, personal interaction will always occur to some extent, but as long as it stays friendly, that shouldn't be a problem.

Sorry to be long-winded about this, but I have seen too many other groups deteriorate into the on-line equivalent of a barroom brawl and I would hate to see that happen here. This is a great bunch of people. So let's keep it friendly and avoid tempting any flame wars.

Bill

PS: I guess religion should also be added to the list of taboo subject matter.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JohnnyZ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Bill, how are the Tokyo Giants doing this year? Do you think they'll go all the way?

Huge friggin' Very Happy

~JohnnyZ~
kirk95
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't want to get into censoring posts or topics that members want to discuss. However, gross generalizations intended to offend and personal attacks will not be tolorated. Please do not post them on this board - they will be removed!
BlueRunner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool This is not about politics. It's about electronics. How about if you send in your absentee ballot before voting day, or early-vote at a polling place, they give you a "P-Chip." Sort of like the V-Chip, only in the case of the P-Chip, you can put it in your TV and it'll protect you from having to see any more political ads or news reports about the campaigns.
yeoyeo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so I think it is very useful and knowledgeable. audiologist virginia beach va
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> What's New and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: