Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Robben takes Detroit by Storm!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Robben takes Detroit by Storm!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kohar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Robben takes Detroit by Storm! Reply with quote

Last month I sent an e-mail, and called WDET radio in Detroit, suggesting they do an interview. Well, they did it, and I MISSED IT! I was in school, (sob,sob)
The concert was AWESOME!!!
Magic Bag, in Ferndale, MI, just outside Detroit, is an old theater, that’s now used for concerts and movies. The doors opened at 8, but when I arrived at 7:30, people were lined up around the block to get in. I was lucky to get a seat, and people kept coming till the place was full. Those who couldn’t find a seat just stood against the wall.
The warm up band started around 8:30, and just about 9:45 Robben came out.
If I can brag a bit, I’ll say that the Detroit music crowd is the most enthusiastic I’ve ever seen. Every guitarist in Detroit musta been there, as there were as many men as any auto cruise I’ve gone to!!!! Everyone was so excited, and every solo was met with loud applause and various other sound effects.
Here’s the list.
Over My Head
Indianola
The Way You Treated Me
Lovin Cup
Cannonball Shuffle
If I could make you love me, I’d really change
Keep on Runnin’
Homework
Help the Poor
It don’t make sense - Can’t Make Peace
Badge
Chevrolet
During Help the Poor, Bob on Sax, Hilary, drums, and Duane, bass did solos.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robben looked enthusiastic and happy too!
p.s. Elizabeth. Green shirt with diamonds in Chicago. Red (or Plum colored) shirt for Detroit.
He graciously autographed my CD.
Come back SOON!!!!!
elizabeth
Robben Fan #1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Detroit Reply with quote

Wowwwwwwwwwww! Lucky you!
Muiricane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with everything kohar said. What a great show!!! I haven't heard to the song after Cannonball Shuffle before, is that the name of it? The solos by the band member were all unbelievable and Robben was Robben of course. Hope he comes back to Detroit soon.
jconstant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muiricane wrote:
I have to agree with everything kohar said. What a great show!!! I haven't heard to the song after Cannonball Shuffle before, is that the name of it? The solos by the band member were all unbelievable and Robben was Robben of course. Hope he comes back to Detroit soon.

That's actually part of the lyrics from the song Moonchild Blues. A great tune that Robben plays live quite a bit but hasn't been able to record it because its tied up with his previous record company.

At the August clinic in Ojai last year Robben handed out the chord chart to this song and we spent some time going over it. I love this song.

jc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Muiricane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, when I wrote out the set list that’s what I was guessing it was from the other info I've read in this forum. I'm thinking this song was in a minor key. It was one of the best songs of the night. All of the songs were excellent. I wish he would've done more songs, but no matter how many he did, I would always wanted more anyway. The show was definitely the best I've seen in quite awhile. This is an awesome place to get additional info about Robben.
JackD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Detroit Show Reply with quote

I agree. the Detroit show was great. It had been way too long since Robben had been to Detroit. Next time, we need to get him in a bigger and better venue.
kohar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Venue Reply with quote

Detroit Opera House, or even the State theater would be great venues, or Macomb Center for Performing Arts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: