Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - I'm really suprised
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm really suprised

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chcknpckn2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: I'm really suprised Reply with quote

I posted a few days ago that I needed any pics that anyone might have to offer for a guitar that I am building for a friend of mine. To my suprise not one person replied or e-mailed me. Unless I broke some unwritten forum rule, I would have thought that some people would be as excited as we are about building a Robben Ford copy tele, and would have gladly sent me some pics or directed me to some web sites. I'm really suprise to say the least... Sad
Caputo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no pics, so I didn't reply.

With all due respect, and in sincerity, would you have been less disappointed if more people posted and said that they didn't have any pics?

Did you try Robbens Homepage?
chcknpckn2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess seeing that almost 100 people have viewed my request, I would have been less dissapointed if I would of got some sort of reply. I did look on the web site, and have googled for pics, and have found some. I just thought that some one might have some detailed pics or direction on the web that I havn't found yet. I guess I was really excited about getting this guitar ready and now I'm at the stage where I need to start aging the body, and I feel like I'm hitting a wall as far as finding good close up pics.
BlueRunner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool chcknpckn2: Welcome aboard! And don't be too surprised. Folks around here generally take their time (so photos may show up, but it'll take a while). But sorry, I don't have photos either. I've seen the Tele in action a few times, but it's my impression that it's a very shy guitar. Over two years ago I went to hear Robben in Santa Barbara, and the entire night I could see the Tele sitting on top of a piano that had been moved off to the far side of the stage, where Daved kept an eye on it. But Robben never played it. Then last fall I went out to Lancaster when Robben appeared with John Mayall. I could feel the Tele somewhere in the building, but on stage, Robben stuck with one of the LP's. It's even tough to find the Tele on a CD jacket. If a guitar appears at all, it's usually one of the Bakers, hogging the camera.

Like I said, a very shy guitar. But keep hunting. Good luck.
chcknpckn2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know. I have the tampa pics from Hermidia's web site , and a great pic of the guitar sitting on a road case during a show. The tampa pics are pretty cool, and even some shots of the back are a good reference. I'll keep looking. I'll post pics of the guitar when I'm finished if anyone is interested. It will have some tasty features like Callaham Frozen Hybrid Fralins, and RS guitarworks caps and pots. The neck will be 25" scale which is the only major difference. Nitro finish, aged body and neck. Light aging on the hardware. It should be cool!

He does have a couple of Fuchs overdrive supremes and a Zen drive, so we should get a pretty good Robben tone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: