Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Upcoming RF Gigs
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upcoming RF Gigs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulG

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Upcoming RF Gigs Reply with quote

I just wanted to share a little info regarding RFs upcoming NoCal gigs, coming up in June and July. It took a little digging to learn what lineup Robben will be performing with.

Yoshi's: June 10 with the Yellowjackets. I'm thinking that's big news since it's been a few years since they reunited in LA. The Yellowjackets play Friday and Saturday, but Robben is only playing with them on Friday. However, Saturday, Tom Brechtlien will be supporting them with the Sandro Albert group. It's been a while since I've seen these 2 names in the same paragraph!

Stanford Jazz Workshop: July 24 performing with Ruth Davies Blues Night. rf.'s website link for this come up with nothing, but googled around and found some info. Sounds like a really nice show.

If anyone catches these shows, please let us know how they went.
roadwarriorfortheblues

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. I'm amazed at the number of different types of gigs, as well as various recording projects, Robben is involved with. I would love to see Renegade Creation live -- I love the CD. I'm also looking forward to the new recording with the Danish Radio Big Band. There's some video on YouTube of the concert. I read on Robben's site that there will be new music with Michael McDonald. And Robben was a special guest on the Yellowjackets newest release. The upcoming concerts celebrate their 30th anniversary. Wow, Congratulations!

Last summer I got to see Robben on tour with his brother Pat and the Ford Brothers Band. That was a lot of fun!
AlChuck

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little additional info:

the Friday 6/10 Yoshi's show is at the Yoshi's in San Francisco, not Oakland... there are two shows, 8 and 10pm... tix are $26
http://www.yoshis.com/sanfrancisco/jazzclub/artist/show/1871

The Sunday 7/24 Stanford Jazz Workshop show is at 7:30pm... tix are $38 General/$24 Student.
http://stanfordjazz.org/jazz-festival/events/ruth-davies-blues-night-with-special-guest-robben-ford
roadwarriorfortheblues

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I saw Ruth Davies playing upright bass with the Elvin Bishop Band last week in Kissimmee. Elvin's set was great! He's so much fun and full of energy.

The band being put together for Ruth Davies Blues Night is killer! I checked out the website:
Robben Ford, guitar
Ruth Davies – bass
Charles McNeal – saxophone
Danny Caron – guitar
Ndugu Chancler – drums
John R. Burr – keyboards
Bennett Paster – keyboards

John R. Burr is one of my favorite piano/keyboard players, I especially like to hear him play with Alison Brown, banjo player.

Thanks for the additional info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: