Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Blue Moon
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blue Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfhalo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Blue Moon Reply with quote

This past week, I moved my home office to another room in my home and was reviewing all the music on my computer and the CDs I own. All of a sudden, I realized I didn't have Robben's Blue Moon CD..........though I had downloaded a couple of the songs. I went to iTunes and immediately bought it..........and am listening to it as I write this. I just can't believe I missed this CD..........unbelievably great songs and playing! In previous posts, I've mentioned what a great rhythm guitarist Robben is............everyone always concentrates on his lead lines............but, his rhythm chops are some of the very best I've ever heard! And......those alternate chords are just awesome! Go listen to "Something For The Pain" and "Sometime Love" and you'll instantly hear what I mean. When I attended last October's clinic in Ojai, Robben really concentrated on this aspect of his playing and it refreshing to hear a player of his caliber talk about songs, vocals, chords, and not the lead lines he's playing. My all-time favorite CD of Robben's has been Tiger Walk ( I saw him onstage at The Belly Up Tavern in Solana Beach, CA when it was released), but the songs on Blue Moon definitely rival TW.........just in a different vein. How I possibly missed having this CD is way beyond me! Blue Moon is an absolute killer CD.........I'll be listening to it for the rest of the day!
fig

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Moon is my favorite RF CD. Great songs, playing, tone, singing.

Greg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: