Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - backing tracks
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

backing tracks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddhog

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: backing tracks Reply with quote

Hi

i have been searching for some backing tracks on the forum but cant find the ones im looking for

Help the poor
Wild about you

am i missing them? if so i would really appreciate it if anyone could up loads them or tell me where to find them

thanks
ed
JohnnyZ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across this site today- a very good source for backing tracks. I even found a track for "Robert" Ford's Help The Poor! Enjoy!

http://www.guitarbt.com/index.php?page=dl_list
AlChuck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't find "elp the Poor" there by name, but there was one in the Jam Tracks section named "Robben FORD like" that is in fact "Help the Poor." It's pretty close to the feel of the original, except for the fact that they ignore the bridge and just keep playing the main part over and over...
JazzMonk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Download Backing Tracks Reply with quote

I have two backing tracks for RF tunes.

This is the "RF style" track that is really Help the Poor:
http://www.malbanese.com/Backing%20Track_Robben%20Ford_HelpThePoor.zip

This is a track for Talk to your Daughter. It has vocals on it which a bit weird but the music is OK
http://www.malbanese.com/Backing%20Track_Robben%20Ford_Talk%20To%20You%20Daughter.zip

Enjoy!

Michael
AlChuck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It has vocals on it which a bit weird but the music is OK

LOL... it's obviously a submix of Robben and his band from the "Talk to Your Daughter" sessions, sans guitar parts. It's not the performance that was released on the album but it's very similar. Yeah, I'd say the music is "OK." I wonder where the heck that came from?
FatTeleTom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't listened, but if the same as the one I've heard before, I believe it's a mix that was provided to one of the guitar magazines (Guitar Techniques or Guitarist I think) to accompany an instructional article.
jazzblues

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It came with a book about Blues guitarplaying featuring Robben, and the track was borrowed from Line 6 Guitarport.
The book also featured an interview, held during the Talk To Your Daughter days.
If I remember correctly The Blue Line did a special recording of that song for educational purposes for Line 6.

Jazzblues.
JazzMonk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so what i meant was that the music wasn't the cheesy MIDI backing track stuff i sometimes get.

Most of the BK stuff i have gotten form Hal Lenoard or Jamey Aebersold does not have vocals, so this was different to me.

I found this in the internet and I had no idea where this came from or its authenticity. I hope that it was at least useful for practicing.

Michael
jconstant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: Download Backing Tracks Reply with quote

JazzMonk wrote:
I have two backing tracks for RF tunes.

This is the "RF style" track that is really Help the Poor:
http://www.malbanese.com/Backing%20Track_Robben%20Ford_HelpThePoor.zip

This is a track for Talk to your Daughter. It has vocals on it which a bit weird but the music is OK
http://www.malbanese.com/Backing%20Track_Robben%20Ford_Talk%20To%20You%20Daughter.zip

Enjoy!

Michael

This is from the August 2005 issue of Guitar Techniques (a UK publication). It came with two tracks - one full track of an alternate take of Talk to Your Daughter and the second track is this one (the first track minus the guitar). The full track is fantastic and Robben plays a fantastic solo that is fully transcribed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: