Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Guitar solo clip from New Zen Blues CD!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guitar solo clip from New Zen Blues CD!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zen Blues quartet

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Guitar solo clip from New Zen Blues CD! Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
The new CD is almost finished and will be available through our website after July 1st. We are extremely excited about this new release. Mike Finnigan has joined the band as our new B3 player and of course Vocalist extraordinaire. Plus we have the Zen Horns featuring: Bill Churchville on Trumpet, Rev. Dave Boruff on Tenor and Alto Saxes, and Ed Wynne on Baritone and Tenor saxes. Other special guests include Carmen Grillo and legendary harp player Curtis Salgado. This is truly an amazing CD and a beautifully modern celebration of the Blues. There will be more sample clips available on our site soon.

(here is just a small taste of what you will hear on this cd!)
http://www.zenbluesmusic.com/reelingsolo.mp3

Stay tuned for more information!

The Band:
Steve Ferrone - Drums (Tom Petty, Eric Clapton, Average White Band...), Mike Finnigan - B3 and Vocals, (Jimi Hendrix, Etta James, Dave Mason, Joe Cocker, Bonnie Rait, Crosby Stills and Nash...), Tim Scott - Bass and lead vocals (Jack Mack, Tower of Power, Robben Ford...) and John March - guitars.

www.zenbluesmusic.com

Credits

The musicians recording with Zen Blues Quartet, at various times, have toured/recorded and or performed with: B. B. King, Eric Clapton, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Tower of Power, Jimi Hendrix, Crosby Stills and Nash, Etta James, Dave Mason,The Butterfield Blues Band, Janis Joplin, the Rolling Stones, Stevie Wonder, John Lennon,The Allman Brothers. Bonnie Raitt, Bob Dylan, Lionel Richie, Michael Bolton, Chaka Kahn, Cyndie Lauper, Average White Band, Sir Elton John, Chicago, Dave Mustane of Megadeath, Phil Collins, Kenny Loggins, Fleetwood Mac, Mr. Mister, Eddie Money, Amy Grant, Don Henley, Boz Scaggs,Prince, Earth, Wind and Fire,Madonna,Toto, Joe Cocker, Stevie Wonder, Greg Allman, Carly Simon, Sly, Chicago, Brenda Russell, David Foster, Sheila E. Rod Stewart, Natalie Cole, Juice Newton, Bill Champlin, Dolly Parton, Mary Clayton, Dusty Springfield, Mary Travers, Michael Nesmith, Jackie Wilson, Thomas Dolby, Anita Baker, The Joan Rivers Show, Kiss, The Sons Of Champlin, Elvin Bishop, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, Narada Michael Walden, Lionel Richie, Ringo Starr, Harvey Mason, Rita Coolidge, Richard Page, Steve Gadd, Glen Campbell, The Four Tops, Sheena Easton, Melissa Manchester, Vinny Colaiuta, Thelma Houston, Valerie Carter, Steve Plunkett, Patti Austin,Taj Mahal, Barbara Streisand, Dan Ackroyd, Rosanne Arnold, Tom Arnold, Atlantic Starr, Azteca, Pete Barbutti, B.B.Chun King, Jim Belushi, George Benson, Crystal Bernard, Kurtis Blow, Sir Harry Bowens, Bekka Bramlett, Rick Braun, Julie Brown, Billy Burnette, Rocky Burnette, Gary Busey, Jonathan Butler, Cameo, Tia Carerra, Felix Cavalierre, George Clinton & P-Funk, Albert Collins, Rita Coolidge, Larry Coryell, Scott Cossu, Robert Cray, Gavin Christopher, Steve Cropper, Rich Dangel, Sarah Dash, Kal David, Taylor Dayne, Al Dimeola, The Drifters, El Chicano, Richard Elliot, Keith Emerson, Melissa Etheridge, Buzzy Feiten, Corey Feldman, Mick Fleetwood, Robben Ford, Ronnie Foster, John Goodman, Guitar Shorty, Ellis Hall, Herbie Hancock, Woody Harrelson, Ron Holden, Brenda Holloway, Mark Hudson, The Inkspots, Chris Isaak, Jack Mack & The Heart Attack, Millie Jackson, Etta James, Al Jarreau, Jay & the Techniques, Kid Frost, The Kingsmen, The Kingston Trio, Sam Kinison, Janie Lane, David Lanz, Neil Larsen, Eugene Levy, Mark Lindsay, Little Anthony, Cheech Marin, Roscoe Martinez, Michael McDonald, Mellow Man Ace, Lee Michaels, Buddy Miles, Sam Moore, Gary Morris, Maria Muldaur, Shaun Murphy, Bill Murray, Rick Neilson (Cheap Trick), Ivan Neville, Edward James Olmos, Lee Oskar, Freda Payne, Michael Penn, Billy Preston, Johnny Rivers, Howard Roberts, Merrilee Rush, Katy Sagal, Curtis Salgado, Timothy B. Schmit, Diane Schuur, Marilyn Scott, Steven Seagal, Brian Setzer, B.J. Sharp, Jeff Silbar, Jeff Simmons, Slash, J.D. Souther, Mavis Staples, Stephen Stills, Sharon Stone, Keith Sweat, Mick Taylor, Sam "The Man" Taylor, Tierra, Tony-Toni-Tone, Tower of Power, Ralph Towner, Kathy Troccolli, Tanya Tucker, Big Joe Turner, Phil Upchurch, Steve Vai, Tata Vega, The Ventures, Pat & Lolly Vegas (Redbone), John Waite, War, Wild Orchid, Lenny Williams, Bruce Willis & the Accelerators, Pauline Wilson, Edgar Winter, Peter Wolf, Wolfman Jack, Bobby Womack, Ali Woodson, Dwight Yoakum, as well as headlining many times at the Hard Rock Hotel in Bali and performing at the 2003 Superbowl in San Diego.

Discography
"Zen Blues Quartet" available on Shunyata Records™, www.zenbluesmusic.com,
and "Again, and Yet again" to be released June 2007
Millibobs

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: That clip Reply with quote

Wow, checked out the sound clip and love the fresh take on the Dan. The guitar break is a bit scary - I'll have to get back onto my scales again and break out the chilli sauce......

I'll certainly be looking out for the CD.

Regards

David

PS. Not that I'm in your league, you are nevertheless welcome to visit my music page at www.soundclick.com/davidmillion lots of styles but some blues stuff lurking around.
bluesman

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice clip, wonderful singing and great guitar solo – Robben Ford meets John McLaughlin, wow really liked it !
Zen Blues quartet

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: thanks guys! Reply with quote

[quote="bluesman"]Very nice clip, wonderful singing and great guitar solo – Robben Ford meets John McLaughlin, wow really liked it ![/quote]

to be honest i am not certain that solo will make the cd, but i am really proud of this project and appreciate the kind words.

best

j
Millibobs

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the use of the word' scary' I meant rather wonderful and impossible to emulate. If this is the stuff you're thinking of dropping I can't wait to hear the stuff you'll be keeping.......
Zen Blues quartet

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Millibobs"]by the use of the word' scary' I meant rather wonderful and impossible to emulate. If this is the stuff you're thinking of dropping I can't wait to hear the stuff you'll be keeping.......[/quote]

LOL I am not sure I have ever "Scared anyone" musically before, except maybe the guys who have to stand next to my amp! lol

Thanks for the kind words and I will post again when the CD is available. Should be in just a few weeks!

Best

john
JohnnyZ

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the new cd. I always enjoy playing the first one every now and (zen) then... Very Happy
Zen Blues quartet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="JohnnyZ"]Looking forward to the new cd. I always enjoy playing the first one every now and (zen) then... :-D[/quote]

Hey guys the New Cd is available!! it sounds great and I am really proud of this amazing band and the music! If you are interested you can go to:
http://www.zenbluesmusic.com/again.html. Shipping will start in about 4 weeks!

I will try and post some more clips soon, hopefully maybe not scary ones!! lol

BTW we kept that solo!
8)
[/code]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: