Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Robben's Favorite Players
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Robben's Favorite Players

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfhalo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Robben's Favorite Players Reply with quote

For all you guitar players out there:
Though I've never heard Robben mention John Scofield in any of his interviews or at the clinic I attended last October (the one at Robben's home), I'd have a hard time believing he wouldn't include Scofield as one of his favorite players. Though their sound is completely different, their approach to music in general is very similar.........particularly when it come to alternate & altered chords. And, rhythmically, Robben & Scofield are very much in the same league. I mention this because I recently bought one of the best music performance/instruction DVDs I've ever purchased: "John Scofield: Jazz-Funk Guitar" produced by Alfred's Artist Series. I bought it from Amazon.com and highly recommend it to anyone who's a player. It's at the very top of my "watch" list!
AlChuck

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at a Scofield show at Yoshi's in Oakland, CA a couple of years back (the Uberjam tour, must have been 2002 or 2003) and while Sco was out by the music entrance signing CDs, Robben called out his name and came up and they chatted, struck me that they were fairly good pals.

I was at one of Robben's clinics too, in December 2002, and while he did mention Mike Bloomfield and Beano-era Eric Clapton and B.B. and Albert King, he also made some comment to the effect that he didn't really like very many other guitar players, he listened more to sax players
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: