Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - tickets now available for 9/21 Robben concert in Ojai
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tickets now available for 9/21 Robben concert in Ojai

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anne
Robben Connection

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: tickets now available for 9/21 Robben concert in Ojai Reply with quote

Tickets are now available at www.brownpapertickets.com for the Robben Ford benefit concert in Ojai on September 21st at 4 PM. Robben will be joined by Toss Panos on drums and Travis Carlton on bass, and the event is a benefit for friend and neighbor Tara Jeffery to help pay her medical bills due to breast cancer. Opening act will be Jonathan McEuen.
More info. will be posted very soon on Robben's web page.
If you cannot attend, but would like to make a donation to help Ms. Jeffery, please send funds to:
Illyria Productions
323 E. Matilija St.
Ste 110, PMB 184
Ojai, CA 93023
Please make checks payable to Tara Jeffery.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anne
sfhalo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note to let anyone interested in ordering their tickets from Brown Paper Tickets know that they were great to deal with. I ordered my tickets last week and specified they be delivered by USPS....the tickets arrived today. My wife and I are looking forward to seeing Robben again and staying in Ojai for a night.......particularly since it's for a benefit for one of the Ford's personal friends. When I attended the guitar clinic that wound up at Robben's house in October 2006, we tried to stay at one of the B&Bs, but all were booked due to a big wedding that was taking place in Ojai that weekend. We stayed at the Best Western which was very comfortable.....just not a B&B. This time, we were able to get a room at the Lavender Inn....quite a cozy place. Anyway.....hope to see you there.
anne
Robben Connection

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

150 tickets have already been sold for this show (in less than a week), so the venue is half full, and we haven't put the posters up yet.
Richard Harris

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Robin Concert in Oaji Reply with quote

Jonathan McEuen played in Grass Valley back a couple of years ago. I have got to say I didnt know what I was in for. One of the best shows I have ever been to. He did his stuff and some of his dads and a set of covers that included some Michael Jackson songs. Not that I am Jackson fan but damn he nailed this whole evening. You are in for a real treat. He played a SRV Strat through a little fender maybe soild state not sure what model it was. No pedals at all and he screamed with different tone all night long. I asked him about his rig and no pedals and he replied that his father taught him that it was all in the touch. What a fantastic guitar player. All of you are in for a wonderful time with these two guitar greats. Whish I could get to this one.

Ricko
Still learning still playing
anne
Robben Connection

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan IS a major talent, perfect to open for Robben.
More about him at www.jonathanmceuen.com
As of right now, there are 80 tickets available for this concert.
Direct link for tickets: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/41089
jconstant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is a good, but not too expensive place to stay in Ojai? I have a couple of friends that want to come up but would like to spend the night rather than drive back home that night.
anne
Robben Connection

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of today, there are 25 tickets available online.
Here are a few hotels in Ojai:
Emerald Iguana Inn: 805-646-5277
Su Nido : 866-7080
Lavender Inn (B and B) 805-646-6635
Ojai Valley Inn (ritzy) 805-646-1111
Theodore Woolsey House ( B and B) 805-646-9779
Hummingbird Inn (motel) 805-646-4365
The Rose Garden (motel) 805-646-1434
Best Western (motel) 805-646-8175

I am sure there are more if you google "Ojai motel".
FatTeleTom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strong recommendation for the Lavender Inn. Can't remember pricing, but it's a really nice B&B. Stayed there for a Robben clinic a couple of years back.

My wife and I rolled into town on a Friday night, just in time to catch the evening wine & cheese at the B&B, and free 10 minute neck massage sessions from a local masseuse--great way to start the evening. Comfy room, nice garden area, great breakfast, good host. Easy walk to the downtown restaurants.

Worth checking out.
sfhalo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I attended Robben's clinic in October 2006, I stayed at the Best Western Casa Ojai. The room prices started at about $100.00 per night. It was nice, but not a B&B. It just on the northern edge of town.

http://www.ojaiinn.com/

This time, I was lucky enough to get a room at The Lavender Inn...a beautiful B&B very close to the Matilija Jr. High School where Robben will be performing. The rooms start at $130.00.

http://www.lavenderinn.com/index.phpoption=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=45

I look forward to seeing some of you there.
anne
Robben Connection

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 4 o'clock show on 9/21 is now sold out. We are adding a second show for the same evening , and tickets will be available very soon on www.brownpapertickets.com/
Since the first show sold out without any advertising at all (just by word of mouth), it is safe to assume that the second show will sell very quickly as well, so if you want tickets, please get them right away.
JohnnyZ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see many 1st-show goers buying 2nd-show tix. I know I wouldn't hesitate. Very Happy

Reminds me of the first time I saw Robben Ford. It was during his Keep On Running promo tour. I bought tix for both of his shows one night at the Regent Theater in Arlington, MA. What prompts me to write this is his comment at the start of the 2nd show: "Everyone knows the 2nd show is the better one!" To me, both were outstanding!

Enjoy, you lucky ones!
sfhalo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, as a way of thanking them for their hospitality at their home during the October 2006 clinic, I was going to invite Anne & Robben for a 7:00pm dinner in Ojai after the 4:00pm show......guess that won't happen! This should be a very nice benefit for their friend Tara. Again, hope to see several of you there.
BlueRunner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto on BrownPaperTickets. Great service.

And as for Jon McEuen, I'm really glad I can say I "saw him when," as he matured in the Ventura area, frequently sitting with with touring artists at Zoey's Cafe, and then headlining, himself. A really fun musician and all-around good guy. (So's his brother Nathan. When the two of them get together on stage it's a hoot.)

So if you're visiting the Ojai area come in early and check out Zoey's in Ventura (www.zoeyscafe.com) Friday, Saturday, or both. You may see the "next Jon McEuen."

Cool
anne
Robben Connection

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have three tickets available for the 4 o'clock matinee (they were donated by people who purchased them but cannot attend). If you are interested in buying one or all of these tickets, please email me at anne@annekerryford.com
Thanks,
Anne
Tele295

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, my old junior high school! Never thought it would be hip enough for this. Wish I could make it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: