Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - I've decided to sell my RF guitar
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I've decided to sell my RF guitar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: I've decided to sell my RF guitar Reply with quote

Guys:

Due to a recent purchase of a very expensive vintage guitar, I've decided to part with my Fender Robben Ford. I am posting here and on The Gear Page to let me friends get a first crack at it.

This guitar is one of the made in Japan RFs and I believe it was made in the last few years before production went to the custom shop. In terms of the pickups and hardware, I had this guitar converted to be just like the custom shop RFs. Also, the guitar has a new fret job from Mike Koontz (in Detroit) with jumbo frets—it plays amazing. Here’s the quick summary of features:

Spruce top, unique cherry sunburst finish;
Ebony fingerboard with new jumbo frets;
Gold pickup and hardware—ALL New;
TonePros locking bridge and tail piece;
Seymour Duncan pickup: JB in bridge, 59 in neck (both coil tapped); and
Original case included.

This guitar is drop dead gorgeous. The pictures don’t show it justice. It is in exceptional condition (9.5 our of 10) with very little scratching. Also, the back plate cover was signed by Robben Ford (I actually had an extra cover made to keep the signed one unmarred).

I have over $2,900 into this guitar. The custom shop ones are going for over $5k! I am asking $2,750 plus shipping. Don’t miss this opportunity to get an outstanding Fender RF!

JackD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys:

Does anyone on this Board (or anyone you know) have an interest in this guitar? I really hate to have to put it on eBay! I'll knock off $100 and make the price $2,650 plus shipping.

Let me know. It's really a wonderful guitar!
PierreL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice instrument Jack. I'd love to own one, but gotta watch my finances closely nowadays...
Good luck for your sale.
Danny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a wonderful guitar! Catch me in a couple years when I'm not working a part time job at the local Chili's.
"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan
JackD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLD!
frank0936

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: great! Reply with quote

That's great Jack! I just wish it could have been me - but like Blobby, I have to stick with my Esprit for now.
Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: