Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Speakers in Fender Super Reverb
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speakers in Fender Super Reverb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> The Daved Zone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janglin_Jack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Speakers in Fender Super Reverb Reply with quote

Does Robben's Super have Ceramic or Alnico speakers in it? I am thinking he uses the Ceramics, but I would love to know.

Thanks,
Jack
Metrodome

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jack I have always been a Fender Super Reverb fan, alot of people that I enjoy listening to play through those 4x10 gems and I have to say that I just cannot get enough of that tone!! My friend Andy Just plays through a Super Reverb, I am not sure of the year, but it sounds really good, which was surprising because it has a master volume knob! But Andy has a new MySpace Music page and be sure to add him.

www.myspace.com/andyjustharmonica

Cheers
Tele295

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Robben is using a stock Super Reverb Reissue (SRRI), then the speakers would be ceramic C10 Jensen resissues. I'm not aware of any of Robben's amps having alnico speakers.

He does have a penchant for Celestions with Fender x/Reverb amps (Twin Reverb, Deluxe Reverb, etc.). I'd like to hear a SRRI loaded up with Celestion 10's. Is there a 10" equivalent of the Celestion 12-65 speakers that are now loaded into Robben's Twins?
ZenOvertone

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what speakers Robben has in his own SR but the Blackface SR on loan from Simon Law (Matt Schofield's tech) used at the Jazz Cafe last November to great effect was fitted with 4 Eminence Copperhead 10's. I bought four of the same for my 71 Silverface SR and they breathed new life into the amp (replacing the original 4 Fender ceramic speakers), it's already had the few mods needed to bring it into full BF spec (it's a non-MV so a lot easier and none of that ultra linear transformer stuff either).
SuperReverb2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for clarity sake. The Super Reverb Reissue (SRRI) comes stock with Jensen P10R's which are Alnico speakers. I've owned a number of these amps, (reissues) and I'm not aware of them ever coming with Ceramic speakers.

Smile

Tele295 wrote:
If Robben is using a stock Super Reverb Reissue (SRRI), then the speakers would be ceramic C10 Jensen resissues. I'm not aware of any of Robben's amps having alnico speakers.

He does have a penchant for Celestions with Fender x/Reverb amps (Twin Reverb, Deluxe Reverb, etc.). I'd like to hear a SRRI loaded up with Celestion 10's. Is there a 10" equivalent of the Celestion 12-65 speakers that are now loaded into Robben's Twins?

Super Reverb, Carol-Ann 100 watt 6L6 combo, Bludotone 100 watt head and 2 x 12 cabinet.

Malekko Spring Chicken, Malekko Spring Chicken Limited Edition, Hermida Reverb,
T-Rex Room Mate, TC Electronics 2290

OKKO Diablo, Burnetti Amps Mercury Box, Skeddy Srewdriver, FET Dream, Wampler Super Ecstasy.

Furman Power Factor Pro

Van Den Hul Cables

V-Picks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> The Daved Zone All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: