Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - a few of my favorite things.
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a few of my favorite things.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rainmkr63

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: a few of my favorite things. Reply with quote

These are a few of my favorite things. Over the last few years I have stumbled across some things that have changed my life for the better, so here is my short list of a few of these things. I hope some of you would share with us some things that have improved your life.

DVR (digital video recorder) or some call it TIVO. I can watch what I want whenever I want to watch and I can make a 5 minute commercial break take about 10 seconds. My window of time for TV is very limited so I always have something good that I have recorded to watch. I can watch “poker after dark” which airs at 2:00 am every night; I can’t stay up that late. I can watch the whole weeks worth of shows Saturday morning with a cup of coffee and some waked baked goods zipping through the boooorrrrriiiiinnnngggg commercials. DVR is worth every penny and it’s only about $10 a month.

Netflix: I can rent with a click anything available on DVD from concerts/instructional DVD’s / Movies / TV series. They are never out of stock and things arrive about 24 hours after I click for it. For under $9 a month I can have unlimited rental after I send back the DVD I have ordered, they get it back and they send me the next one on my list and no late fees.

Here is my last one: KUNV my favorite radio station (UNLV’s station) is now streaming on the web www.KUNV.org . Great Jazz all week with extraordinary weekend programming from deep blues to world music and blue grass. No commercials and NPR news breaks. I’ve been a fan for 20 years and it just started the stream two days ago so check it out.

OK what has improved your life over the years I sure would appreciate some recommendations.

Thanks
Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: