Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Catalinas in LA Jan 28, 29 and 30
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Catalinas in LA Jan 28, 29 and 30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anne
Robben Connection

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Catalinas in LA Jan 28, 29 and 30 Reply with quote

Just to let you know, Robben is sharing the bill with legendary jazz pianist Roger Kellaway at Catalinas jazz club in Hollywood on Jan. 28, 29 and 30
(two shows nightly, with an earlier schedule on Sunday night). http://www.catalinajazzclub.com/
Roger Kellaway is an old friend from the Joni Mitchell days, and when the two great musicians get together, believe me, sparks start to fly.
I have the honor of opening the set with my wonderful pianist John Boswell.
Hope to see you there,
Anne
Danny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh...seeing as LA is about 2 hours away and I'm a full time student...of course I'll be there!

Looking at tickets online, it looks like they sell tickets for the "First Show" and the "Second Show" of all three nights. Do you know if you have to buy both sets if you want to stay for both shows, or just the first one?
"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan
anne
Robben Connection

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
So glad you are coming to the show.
I think that the audience will be invited to stay for the second set without paying another cover charge, unless the second show is completely sold out, which is unlikely. So ( i'm guessing) that you'll be fine buying a ticket for the first show and staying.
See you there!
Anne
Danny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try to make it up for the Friday show :-) Do you think it would be safe to try to buy tickets when I get there? I'm trying to avoid ridiculous Ticketmaster fees...
"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan
anne
Robben Connection

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't checked on the ticket sales, so might be best to call Catalinas if you can.
See you there! Thank you so much for coming out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: