Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - New album?!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New album?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Morgan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: New album?! Reply with quote

Something tells me ya'll better make a space on your CD rack for a new CD in the fall. Just sayin'. Wink

Bill
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PierreL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a tease Bill... tell us more !
Bill Morgan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PierreL wrote:
Such a tease Bill... tell us more !

I wish I could. Let's just say you won't be disappointed. Wink

Bill
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
diatonicdude

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Old Codger!

Great to have you back on board.

Can't imagine anyone could be disapointed with a RF release, although obviously some are better than others.

Have you been hanging out with the man again? Who knows, I presume the next thing you will be telling us is that he will sell his first custom RF guitar? Wink

Cheers,

DD
Bill Morgan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Codger? Yeah, I guess that would be me.

True, some of Robben's releases have been better than others, but I'm pretty sure no one will be disappointed.

Bill

diatonicdude wrote:
Hey Old Codger!

Great to have you back on board.

Can't imagine anyone could be disapointed with a RF release, although obviously some are better than others.

Have you been hanging out with the man again? Who knows, I presume the next thing you will be telling us is that he will sell his first custom RF guitar? Wink

Cheers,

DD
Sad Wink
diatonicdude

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill,

apologies for the old C reference. I'll drop that for the future, it's just that I am sure that was your forum nick name dating back some years! Wink

Anyway, great news about the forth coming CD. I wish you could spill the beans on this one. Keep us posted! Cool

Cheers,

DD
Phil T

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here : http://www.facebook.com/RobbenFordOfficial/posts/393460587356378 the following is stated:

From Robben:
I just finished tracking my first recording for my new record label, Mascot, (mascotlabelgroup.com) and couldn't be happier. The band includes Harvey Mason on drums and Larry Goldings on B3 organ. (Plus some new friends I'll tell you about another time as I want the sound to be a surprise!) What great musicians! Once again, Ed Cherney recording and mixing as with the new Renegade CD, Bullet, and he just doesn't ever disappoint. Beautiful sounds. This music is GROOVING! Really a joy. Looking to be released in late September!
PierreL

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late september ! The wait won't be too long then Smile
Thanks for the info, I never think about Facebook , especially for stuff related to Robben... He has really caught up with everything related to Internet lately, that's pretty cool.
Danny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I love about Robben, he has the freedom and ability to do something like recording in June, with a September release. 4 months people! Some artists record, mix, master, etc in that amount of time alone.
"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan
AlChuck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo hoo, fantastic news!

I'll have a great September, with getting to see Robben play with the Miles Smiles tribute group at the San Francisco Jazz Festival and this new album...
Bill Morgan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, an old codger is exactly what I am!

It's gonna be a great album! Can't wait.

Bill

diatonicdude wrote:
Hi Bill,

apologies for the old C reference. I'll drop that for the future, it's just that I am sure that was your forum nick name dating back some years! Wink

Anyway, great news about the forth coming CD. I wish you could spill the beans on this one. Keep us posted! Cool

Cheers,

DD
jconstant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny wrote:
This is what I love about Robben, he has the freedom and ability to do something like recording in June, with a September release. 4 months people! Some artists record, mix, master, etc in that amount of time alone.

Just as an aside, I read something about the work Robben and Michael McDonald did at Michael's house - I think it was an interview with Michael. He mentioned the stuff with Robben and I think he said Robben is the type of guy who like to bang it out and be done with it where as Michael (talking about himself) said he can often record stuff and sit on it for awhile because he's not sure what to do with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: