Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Robben and Ford Bros northern Calif venue
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Robben and Ford Bros northern Calif venue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big al

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Robben and Ford Bros northern Calif venue Reply with quote

If anyone is in northern California Oct 1st, it looks like Robben will play with the Ford Blues Band at a great outdoor venue. It is very off the beaten path, but the Navarro Store, in Navarro on hwy 128 in the Redwood Forest is a real treat.

http://www.navarrogeneralstore.com/

You won't get much more relaxed and rural than this show. They BBQ on the deck, have local musicians during the afternoon and the outdoor setting is truely beautiful. It is about 3 hours north of San Francisco, so it might be an adventure for most, but locally we are so looking forward to this.

Alan
PaulG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alan.
I'll be making the trip.
big al

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is going to be a fine day up here in northern California! Sun is out and it will get to about 70 f at Navarro this afternoon. May be cool late in the day, so bring a coat if you are attending.
I'll take some pics and post when I can.
Alan
PaulG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better late than never.

It was 'another fine day' up in redwood country. As much as I love the Ford Blues Band, I love this part of California as much. Beautiful country, lovely people, and great music. Navarro, located on a cool state road leading to the ocean, is not much of a town. A couple stores and entrances to distant wineries is about it. I'm sure they like it like that. We stayed for 3 days in Fort Bragg. The local radio was fantastic, as it really took me back to the early days of FM and roots radio. Just wonderful.
The general store that holds these summer concerts was ample, with lots of food and BBQ, and plenty of parking.

I won't critique the FBB, as they are always more than stellar. After 2 circuit breakers giving way early on, all went well. Great tunes, well played.

And Alan, I'm sure I unknowingly saw you. I was the one with the two 5 gallon buckets I bought, after learning that I needed folding chairs to keep off the ground. Turns out I was lucky enough to grab one of the picnic tables, but I was too cheap to buy chairs I didn't need.

If you love the music of the Charles Ford Band, and other early collaborations of these fine brothers and musicians, you should make a point of seeing one of these rare reunions.
And if you don't, go for the countryside! It's gorgeous.
yeoyeo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found a site a could relate to doula austin cost
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: