Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Robben live at the Ram's Head in Annapolis
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Robben live at the Ram's Head in Annapolis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirk95
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Robben live at the Ram's Head in Annapolis Reply with quote

Anybody go to this show? Cool

Photo by Mark Ingino

Photo by Mark Ingino

Anybody know what chord that is? Is that a Dom7 with the 3rd in the root? Strange fingering!! Confused

Photo by Mark Ingino

Photo by Mark Ingino

Notice the candy...that must be his tone secret? Hard candy!!! Confused

Last edited by kirk95 on Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:01 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TopDroog

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those look like Brach's toffees . . . I've been using Werther's. That's probably why I can't get the tone I'm looking for. Wink
Jamie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the Ramshead show last night, table 101 front row center :D . That show was by far one of the best live performances I have ever seen. That show ranks up there with only two others as memorable for me; seeing Clapton in DC doing an all blues show and Danny Gatton in Fells Point, MD. The Ramshead is my favorite concert venue and I hope to see Robben return there soon Exclamation .
henkholland

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pictures and the Ramshead review. Great advantages of this new dicussion board. Very Happy
Jim Fisher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep,

My wife & I were there! Great show from a consumate musician - and monster backup players. That 10 minute solo that the bass player did was mindblowing Shocked
fullerplast

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a great show, especially considering it was the first of his east coast tour. Robben had such great tone and fluid style from the first note to the last. Very tight band too. Robben let everyone shine. If you can catch him on this tour, do so!
jconstant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fullerplast wrote:
It was a great show, especially considering it was the first of his east coast tour. Robben had such great tone and fluid style from the first note to the last. Very tight band too. Robben let everyone shine. If you can catch him on this tour, do so!

Robben is an excellent musician in the sense that he really does let everyone shine. When its time for someone else to play he totally backs off, plays some rhthym guitar that fits perfectly, often goes off to the side or back of the stage and totally shows respect for other talent on the stage. His whole attitude about playing alone or with other musicians is absolutely the best.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: