Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - TopDroog Answers
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TopDroog Answers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirk95
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:09 pm    Post subject: TopDroog Answers Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by TopDroog
Didn't Robben do a stint with Phil Lesh and Friends a while back? I'd like to hear him on some Dead material.

Yes he did. You should hear Robben sing and play on "Help on the Way." He played with the Little Feat dudes Paul B and Bill Payne.

Quote:
Hey, here's something, I know that Robben and Derek Trucks (another fav) did some shows together on the West Coast last year - anybody catch any of those?

I was not aware of this? anybody?

Quote:

Finally, does Robben allow taping at his concerts? Is there a trading community?

Thanks again, you'll be seeing me around.
Peace.

Unfortunately that's a no. Robben's policy is no taping. But they do allow non-flash photos if the venue doesn't have a strict non-photo policy.

Email me about Phil and Friends.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jconstant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject: Robben & Derek Trucks Reply with quote

I saw Derek Trucks open for Robben twice a little over a year ago. The Trucks band is a solid band but Derek just has no stage presence at all. He hardly moves, he doesn't talk, he doesn't sing. He stands there and plays. He can certainly play, but there is such a lack of emotion its remarkable. I remember that I really enjoyed the lead singer - can't remember his name though. I liked him so much I was going to buy one of the CDs they had for sale but didn't because he wasn't on them. I'm not the kind of person who cares much about vocals or lyrics but this guy just sounded so good with the music they were playing it really made me want to hear it more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jconstant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Is there a trading community? Reply with quote

The answer is yes, there sure is. In fact, some of the people right here trade. (hint, hint)

jc
TopDroog

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah . . . Derek's not exactly the Flashy Frontman, but his music sure the heck does it for me. I've got all of his official releases (3, with a fourth coming out in August), and a good number of his live shows, from '98 forward. Very friendly taping policy - and lot's of SHN downloads at etree.org.

I also have lots of ABB (with Derek and otherwise - Derek Trucks and Jimmy Herring together is probably my favorite line up after the original one), Mule, some Phil Lesh and Friends, and lots of assorted other stuff.

Have a look at my list at http://www.uic.edu/~rtstone and shoot me an email if you, or anybody else, is interested in getting some trades going.

BTW, the singer you saw was probably Mike Mattison (sp?). He'll be on any 2002 or 2003 shows you might find.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: