Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Weird Endorsements?
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weird Endorsements?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueRunner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Weird Endorsements? Reply with quote

Cool Wow, is this forum ever dead! I'm wondering if I killed it with my 20-page yawner treatise on John Mayer, cleaning toilets in Buddhist monasteries, and other mysteries of life.

So here's something to try to liven ya' all up: Which of these is actually real?? I.e., the new Fender Keith Partridge strat that appeared on Fender's site on April 1, http://192.220.76.249/products/show.php?partno=0119800 ?

Or Bob Dylan's new role as spokesmodel for Victoria's Secret? (Go to www.victoriassecret.com and click on the link for Bobby's new limited edition CD!)

Given the timing (and the fact that the "Partridge" doesn't appear in the menu for the Artist series alongside the Beck, and the Clapton, and the Vaughn(s), and the Guy, etc.) I've been surprised how many people on other BBS's have taken this great gag seriously.

On the other hand, I assumed that the Dylan story was a joke, even after I'd read a story about it in the Wall Street Journal. (Hey ... even the Journal's gotta' have a little fun on April 1, right?) But then the latest VS catalog arrived at home in yesterday's mail, and dang if it wasn't right there -- a special insert about Bob Dylan and his new endorsement relationship. I guess I'll have to tune in to next year's televised VS fashion show to check out what he's wearing under all of those faded jeans and black leather jackets.

It's with great relief that I report that this weekend Country Joe McDonald will be playing locally, with three of his former & The Fish bandmates. From interviews I've read I expect him to sing a lot of protest songs against the war. The current war, that is. I may not agree with his political slant on current events, but dang, it's sure nice that he's still out there doing it, and not doing commercials for Frederick's of Hollywood, or Fruit of the Loom, or whatever.
iamthewalrus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Dylan?!?!? Reply with quote

VS & Bob Dylan? Good for Bob but, what are they thinking? Let's see, who grabs the VS catalog first? Maybe it's just the older man thing (Michael Douglas Catherine Zeta-Jones), nah, it must be the gnarly older man thing. Yeah, that could happen!

Cheers,

Knock knock.
Who's there?
Control freak. Now you say "control freak who."
elizabeth
Robben Fan #1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Gnarly lingerie Reply with quote

Ewwwwwwwwwwww! I have been a Dylan fan since, well, a really long time. Imagine my surprise (sorry, Holly) when I did the double take at the TV commercial for Victoria's Secret. Bob Dylan, clad in undertaker suit garb (Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid-esque) looking frighteningly Salvador Dali-ish, leering lasciviously at a gorgeous woman who was wearing a bra, panties, and wings. (All turquoise blue, I might add.) Scary.

Jeez, Bob...the times really ARE a changin'...

By the way, thank you to all of the members of this board who have e-mailed me, concerned about my "quiet" period. Things did get a bit rocky for a while there, but the trend is definitely on the upswing.

You guys are the best.

love, elizabeth

(Doesn't it seem as if my little jumpy guy is bouncing with more exuberance than usual?)
JavaDiva

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ew Ew.
I've never seen the VS commercial, I hope to never see it.
Never been a Bob Dylan fan, now more than ever.
Elizabeth, sorry if you've been feeling blue. I'm trying to drum up some reviews of Robben's upcoming Australian tour, that will help cheer you up.
kirk95
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every body knows...

My baby got no clothes....

And lately I seen ribbons and a bow....

Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JavaDiva

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and turquoise angel wings ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: