Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - My New Baby!!! Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My New Baby!!! Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirk95
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: My New Baby!!! Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!! Reply with quote

My new Tyler Landau model with 2 Suhrs V60LPs and a DSV! Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aeolian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you can see yourself in it, or at least we can Cool . Nice frets too! 6150's? We'll be waiting for the clips to hear how it sounds.
bluesman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!!!

I'm sure it sounds awesome.
elizabeth
Robben Fan #1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Your baby... Reply with quote

Awww Captain, I don't even know who James Tyler IS, but I love the happiness that you are exuding, just in the camera angles you chose. It is really pretty! Play it in good health! (So how many guitars DO you have now? Maybe this could be a thread topic!) I do love looking at the photos you guys post.

kohar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: great photos Reply with quote

I LOVE YOUR PHOTOS, especially the body close-up with your ??? reflection showing. Also like looking down the neck. They'd be fun to play with in photoshop! Idea
kirk95
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you feel the love!

Just gigged with my baby last night first time! I left all other guitars (15 to 20 at any given time elizabeth). Oh what fun switching between the Strat tones of suhr V60LPs single coils and humbucker. When you lighten up on the attack this guitar goes into the tone zone!

Ended the night with a 15 min version of "Up From the Skies." I hadn't played that tune in years!

It is true? Please let me Talk to YOU.....if my daddy could see me now!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
marinblues

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one David!

Looks like it's really well built.

Marin

________
Marijuana

Last edited by marinblues on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
JoeB63

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Why did you go with the Tyler over a Suhr or an Anderson?

I have an Anderson Strat, and a friend recently came over with his Suhr Strat, so I had a chance to compare them side-by-side. I thought (my opinion) that the Andy had better build quality and finish, but I prefered the Suhr pickups in the neck and middle over the TA pickups. I liked the TA bridge pickup sound better than the Suhr single coil bridge tone. So I do think there's some magic in the Suhr Strat pickups. The Suhr also a a really nice neck - it had that broken-in feeling.

I've only tried a Tyler once - and I hated the neck feel. But that's just me. So I'm curious about why you chose the Tyler over other similar guitars.

Thanks!
kirk95
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember I like the real fat necks!!

I have owned 3 Andersons in the past. Great guitars! Incredible workmanship. But for me...the necks are too thin and I don't like the Anderson pickups - way too bright and thin.

I checked out Suhrs and probably will buy one eventually. Why because you can get it built to your specs...if you can ever get John to email you back...which apparently I can't!

The Tyler was available used very reasonably priced versus new. Love the big fat 59 neck profile!! Also this baby had the exact Suhr pickups I was looking for V60LPs single coils and humbucker. I also wanted a modern trem system. BTW, Jim Tyler is hard to track down as well.

So at the end of the day. None of the builders emailed me back...business must be real good...;) And a Tyler with 98% of what I wanted became available at a reasonable price point...sold!

scottl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She sure is purty! Can she squeel like a hog?

Clips..... please
JoeB63

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirk95 wrote:
Remember I like the real fat necks!!

I have owned 3 Andersons in the past. Great guitars! Incredible workmanship. But for me...the necks are too thin and I don't like the Anderson pickups - way too bright and thin.

I checked out Suhrs and probably will buy one eventually. Why because you can get it built to your specs...if you can ever get John to email you back...which apparently I can't!

The Tyler was available used very reasonably priced versus new. Love the big fat 59 neck profile!! Also this baby had the exact Suhr pickups I was looking for V60LPs single coils and humbucker. I also wanted a modern trem system. BTW, Jim Tyler is hard to track down as well.

So at the end of the day. None of the builders emailed me back...business must be real good...;) And a Tyler with 98% of what I wanted became available at a reasonable price point...sold!

No further explanation needed - when you find a good deal on a great used guitar, you buy it! Congrats!

Have you tried the Anderson '62 Roundback neck? It's relatively thin (0.83") at the top, but gets pretty fat around the 9th fret (0.98" at the 12th, I think). That's my favorite TA neck (and I own 3 different ones).

I might have to buy some Suhr PUs some day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: