Robben Ford Discussion :: View topic - Banzai Fireball II
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through this link.
Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index

Robben Ford Discussion
The Official Robben Ford Discussion Group

www.RobbenFord.com
All Access Pass

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Banzai Fireball II
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonemandan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:42 am    Post subject: Banzai Fireball II Reply with quote

There is some talk at the PRS Forum about Robben using this pedal. Apparently he was raving about it at a seminar he did. Anyone know about this? Has anyone tried it yet? I've gone through about 30 pedals now and hated every one so I'm leery about ordering another one.....
HHB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too! LOL I've been really happy w/ my Rat pedal, I feel like a caveman LOL I'm also getting used to my latest Hamer, a sprucetop mahogany w/ chambers, duncan phat cats ( single coil, like big p-90's ). The chambered spruce top does evock those Robben tones we all love, where do you get a " firewall'? HHB
Leftbender

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:14 am    Post subject: Banzai Fireball II Reply with quote

Tonemandan,

This Banzai stomp box is a hand made German product. You can find it at:http://www.banzaieffects.com/index2.html

On this site you'll find some sound samples. I'm about to buy me one because I find it very cool sounding. For me it's or the Banzai or the Fulltone Fulldrive 2 that sounds very similar. I will check them both out and eventually choose the best one.

Greetings

Lefty
tonemandan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link Leftbender. I currently use a Fulldrive II and an old Deluxe Reverb for most commercial gigs. If the Fireball is similar I would probably like it. Does anyone know if there are more than one version of this pedal. Is the one Robben is using called "Fireball II"?

Dan
Bill Morgan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonemandan wrote:
Thanks for the link Leftbender. I currently use a Fulldrive II and an old Deluxe Reverb for most commercial gigs. If the Fireball is similar I would probably like it. Does anyone know if there are more than one version of this pedal. Is the one Robben is using called "Fireball II"?

Dan

There was the original Fireball, and the new Fireball 2, which is the one Robben is using. I have one, but I haven't decided if I like it or not. It has a lot of volume. Too much really. I haven't been able to get it to sound really good yet, but I'm working on it (if it's good enough for Robben!). At this point, I think the ToneBone may be a better sounding pedal, but it's hard to tweak. I tried a new pedal (Cream Tone) the other day and that sounded pretty good.

Bill
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
marinblues

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was considering buying one but then I saw the waiting list, which, at the time, was 16 weeks!

I eventually got a Hughes and Kettner Tube Factor which I occasionaly mix with a Boss OD-3.

Nothing to do with Robben, just a good OD pedal....

marin

________
OG KUSH

Last edited by marinblues on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
edpesco

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered mine in January, still haven't got it. A very nice OD pedal is the Babay Blue Overdrive http://www.custom-sounds.com/babyblue.htm, very tube like sound.
marinblues

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edpesco,

the link doesn't work well. I think it the "," at the end. I'll repost.

http://www.custom-sounds.com/babyblue.htm

Have you ever ordered from this shop? They have cool boutique toys!

I'm kinda happy with my OD stuff at the moment. My engl amp has 4 levels of OD, so together with the Tube Factor and Boss OD-3 in series, I can get 48 combinations of OD. More than I'll ever need!

I usually set one clean and one dirty sound and then play with the volume knob.

marin

________
Dc marijuana dispensaries

Last edited by marinblues on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
edpesco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marin, yes I did a lot of trades with this shop, kind of 2 or 3 old gimmicks for a new one, so if you are to lazy for ebay you can try to make a deal. I also bought some things like the voodoo lab microvibe which went down twice and was twice replaced by a new one without problems. These guys up north are not cheap but reliable.
PierreL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another nice boutique shop in Holland : http://www.haarguitars.nl/
I am going to order an Xotic AC Booster from then, heard a lot of good things about it ( but could not test it unfortunately ! ).
kirk95
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PierreL wrote:
I am going to order an Xotic AC Booster from then, heard a lot of good things about it ( but could not test it unfortunately ! ).

You will love the AC Booster! I played one when I was in NY during the summer. It's one of the best overdrive pedals I have ever heard..really let's the tone of the guitar and amp shine through.

Scott Henderson is using this pedal.

I need to buy one of these!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
edpesco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PierreL wrote:

yes, they are a lot cheaper than custom sounds, but baby blue od you can only get there. this is the best overdrive pedal I ever played and it's so small you can get it in every guitar case.
johan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can get the Baby Blue OD at Musictoyz. Only place apart from Custom Sounds where you can get it. I've heard some horror stories about Musictoyz though....
edpesco

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johan wrote:
you can get the Baby Blue OD at Musictoyz. Only place apart from Custom Sounds where you can get it. I've heard some horror stories about Musictoyz though....

well then it's custom sounds, they are reliable, never heard of musictoyz before.
johan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musictoyz is a well known place on the net for pedals etc...great place but I've heard some horror stories lately.

Try Harri at Custom Sounds. He's great! Ordered my BBOD #8 from him when it first came out...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Robben Ford Discussion Forum Index -> Robben Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: