Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Scott's octafuzz sound
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Scott's octafuzz sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
henk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Scott's octafuzz sound Reply with quote

Does anyone know how Scott uses the octafuzz? How does he get that wonderful saturated fat sound out of it, like, for instance, on Rituals or Song Holy Hall? Is it indeed almost no boost and the volume way up? With what amp setting or channel does he use it?

TIA
steev05

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi man,

i was wonderning too... he said he uses the octafuzz with lead channel of the amp, volume all the way up on the pedal, boost on zero and he picks the strings near the bridge.
neck pickup and try to turn the tone down a little bit (it sounds really nice)
henk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Scott's Octafuzz sound Reply with quote

I noticed about playing with the tonepot when in the neck position but when I engage the OF when there's lots of gain going on it just sounds too harsh, too uncontrolable. I've been experimenting for some time and I've found out that on my amp, when I switch to the clean channel I can get much better results with the volume and boost on the OF at twelve. I still have to roll down the volume on the guitar though. Agh, it's a two-channel amp -- I should get me one with three. Can't beleive he's using it on the lead channel :-O

Thanks,
Henk
kirk95
StarShip Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott has discussed a lot in his Q&A's:

FM: Scott answers your questions - round 20 - New 9/19/05

Does anyone know how Scott uses the octafuzz? How does he get that wonderful saturated fat sound out of it, like, for instance, on Rituals or Song Holy Hall? Is it indeed almost no boost and the volume way up? With what amp setting or channel does he use it?

Quote:
Use it in the crunch channel just like you would a regular distortion pedal, use your bridge pickup and pick really close to the bridge saddles.

FM: Scott answers your questions - round 17 - new 7/13/05

What kind of fuzz pedal do you use on Song Holy Hall?

Quote:
It a Fulltone Octafuzz.

FM: Scott answers your questions – round 9 - NEW 12/5

Hey Scott, I was wondering how you get your octafuzz sound so smooth sounding. Is it mixed in or modded somehow?

Quote:

No, it's stock. Maybe it's just the way I set it - I have the volume up almost all the way and the distortion down all the way. That's the typical setting for that pedal. Also, I have the tone rolled down on the guitar which makes any type of distortion sound fatter and smoother.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: