Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - RC booster in a chain..
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

RC booster in a chain..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steev05

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: RC booster in a chain.. Reply with quote

hi guys,

i tried different things with that RC and i can't really tell where's the best place to put it in my chain.
just beacause i don't always use the other effects the same way..

my pedal bord is wired that way: RC booster, Pickup Booster duncan (never both together of course) ernie ball volume pedal, wah Vox (true bypass mod), octafuzz, od 808 , old marshall shred master, dimension C => to the rack.

the rack is mainly a 290 mesa power amp, 3+ preamp and intellifex.

everything works good but i read an interview by both Pete Cornish and roger Mayer and they were talking about boosters at the end of the chain and putting hi gain distortions before the softer ones...

also, i don't know if it was a good idea to put the booster before the volume pedal...

what's your opinion?
Martin G

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I'm Martin. I've got RC booster after Distortion pedal and before tremolo, delay, chorus. I use them with marshall super lead 67 as amp boost and dist vol up for solo. I've noticed that It changes the dist tone if to much gain. I use maxon sd9 before RC booster, inversely it not good to me. You could check that play with dist on and rc on and swell gain from 0 to max.
Best wishes
martin
I recommend this forum for opinion
Ask them
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: