Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Dolemite/Snake Soda Tone
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Dolemite/Snake Soda Tone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mightymike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Dolemite/Snake Soda Tone Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Just like to say hi, and I've been a long time fan of Scott Henderson's
music. I like a lot of his other stuff, but Snake soda and Dolemite
are the 2 songs that stand out for me as all time favorites. His playing has inspired me and helped my guitar playing. For that I'm grateful.

If there's a post that explains the signal chain, and what amps/cab guitars/Pickups, pres and mic were he used on Dolemite or Snake Soda, I would really appreciate it.
I tried using the search function, but it was locking up on me.
I build amps on the side, when I'm not driving an 18wheeler, and it would be fun to see how close I could dial in to that tone. I know I'll never be that good of a player, I'd just like to hear
how I would sound through that rig. I bet it was a fun setup to play through.

Mike

My rig:
Swamp Ash/KOA Top HSS with a JB, and 2 ABS2 Single Coils through a home built with NOS parts 100 watt plexi, with a 68 12000 series circuit, with a 68 Baketweave with 30 watters. I also have a 67 Super Reverb with a Time machine boost, but the home built 100 watter blow it away for SRV, VH, down to strat Country Clean that as dynamic as acoustic. No pedals needed either. I also have a JTM 45/100 and another 12000 series NOS Marshall Plexi clone I'm finishing up.

After that a Neve Kit Twisted Evil
Red Suede

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the Scott Henderson website and it'll tell you exactly what he used on that album.
mightymike

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked it out. Great site

Thanks Red
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: