Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - So John...How was the gig last night?
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

So John...How was the gig last night?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirk95
StarShip Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: So John...How was the gig last night? Reply with quote

How'd the gig go last night?
johnh

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: La Ve Lee 051904 Reply with quote

Hey Kirk,
Gig went well. Friendly crowd. Good house. What you want to know about though is Scott's debut of the Bogner Fender running the 4-10 cab alongside his Bradshaw running the 4-12 cab. Wow! Massive! And now I hear a slant 12 cab is on the way.
Forgive me if I don't have the terminology exactly right. I usually tune out the 'guitar clinic' part of the show (any time 2 or more guitar gear heads are together). But we went in early for a soundcheck this week and Scott gave me both barrels of this truly overwhelming rig. Powerful- like a force- with a percussive element, I mean the way the notes hit you in the chest.
Hope you get to hear it in the flesh sometime.
Best,
JohnH
kirk95
StarShip Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John...

You have opened Pandora's Box.... Shocked

Sorry man, I'm a total guitar gear head!

You have to tell all the bloody details....inquiring guitar gear heads want to know. Rolling Eyes
johnh

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirk,
I'm really not enough of a gear monkey to give you the complete scoop! And it's evolving as we speak. Suffice to say that Scott is very good about working with Alf to update the gear section at scotthenderson.net - and that as soon as things settle in and the page is updated, I'll be sure to let you know in here. (So should I just keep quiet about whatever might be getting checked out in the meantime? Wink )
Best,
JohnH
johnh

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kirk,
About the new gear. Scott sent Alf the update and it's on Scott's gear page. Check it out http://www.scotthenderson.net/geartxt.htm
I saw Scott tonight and we shared some laughs about this contest you're working on. Should be hilarious.
Best,
JohnH
johnh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Live Album Update Reply with quote

Hey!
Just reposting from my site- it's been a busy week...

Thursday 081204:
Day 3 of our live album recording. Just a quick note- I'm beat.
Tuesday was rough. Set up was relatively straight forward- Bob was mostly set by the time I arrived, but playing-wise, we were all a little nervous and I don't think we got any keepers. That put us all on edge for Wednesday but there's a couple of possible good takes. Plus we had a great house full of friends so that helped. Tonight was much better- confidence up and a couple of recording nights under our belt. Scott played his ass off and I know we've got some keepers from tonight. But there's still a couple of tunes we need to get good takes on.
I got an interview with Bob on video this evening, but I'm probably going to save it for the 'gear dvd' (don't hold your breath but it's something we want to do).
Thanks to everyone who came out. It makes all the difference. Fingers crossed about tomorrow but I have a feeling it's going to be a special night.
JohnH

Friday 081304:
Done!
Man, I'm glad that's over with. Some burning tracks tonight. Some comedy I hope makes it to the record. Lots of work left to do... listening- maybe a little cutting and pasting- wouldn't you? Nice crowd. But most of our musician friends were probably out gigging somewhere. Hey- if you're anywhere near L.A. please try to make it out to La Ve Lee for August 25th. We're going to celebrate.
Will keep you posted.
Best,
JohnH
kirk95
StarShip Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update John! And congrats on making throught!

We can't wait to hear the new CD!

Wish I could have been there!

You guys are playing down at Tone Merchants today? Have a good gig and please keep us posted!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: