Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - What's your Favorite Tribal Tech CD?
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

What's your Favorite Tribal Tech CD?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your Favorite Tribal Tech CD?
ROCKET SCIENCE
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
THICK
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
REALITY CHECK
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
PRIMAL TRACKS
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
FACE FIRST
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
ILLICIT
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
TRIBAL TECH
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
NOMAD
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
DR. HEE
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
SPEARS
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
All of the above!!!!!!
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 44

kirk95
StarShip Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: What's your Favorite Tribal Tech CD? Reply with quote

Please take the poll and tell us what you think?

Thanks! Cool

Last edited by kirk95 on Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:22 pm; edited 4 times in total
PierreL

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like 'em all ( been following them from the start ) , but I prefer the last albums, they sound rawer and more improvised.
ELDENI

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tribal tech, tribal tech, is a very professional work, and very unique compositions, sometimes in the style of weather report but with scott's approach on fusion, I think that's the best album to listen to, you can pick wichever track and it would be so interesting!. I really like illicit but after a few tunes I just get bored. The latest album is also great!, but if I have to go to an island for 4 months, and I have to take "ONE" cd with me from tribal tech, I would chose tribal tech, tribal tech.
vladorg

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: That's a hard question!!! Reply with quote

Hey everyone,
I'm so happy to finally see a nicely done forum dedicated to Scott Henderson.I'm also glad to see familiar faces here from the FG forum and the AH forum and the GearPage.Anyways,this poll is so hard-favourite TT cd?!!?Hmmmm.I like 'em all and I couldn't pick a single one out of all although I do have favourites.If i have to go with one only then I'll go with the Primal Tracks CD-it can't be beat-it's a great collection of tracks from the TT Mk I.But really I can't single out one CD.My other faves thoufh are the TT s/t CD,Dr.Hee,Illicit,Reality Check and Rocket Science but really I like 'em all.And I also dig all the live bootlegs that have surfaced out and I really wish Scott and TT would put out a live record.That's it for now.

Cheers,

Vlad
kirk95
StarShip Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you can vote for "all of the above."
Shocked
vladorg

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirk95 wrote:
Now you can vote for "all of the above."
Shocked

Confused I guess I should've waited for this one to come up.
fusion58

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough question!

I always lean toward "Nomad," perhaps because this one was the first TT album I ever heard (John Stowell originally turned me onto the band.)

"Reality Check" and "Spears" would have to run a close second, finishing in a dead heat.

Generally speaking, I like those earlier releases which feature more ambitious compositions better than the more recent jam-oriented stuff, but it's all good!

I'm basically down for anything Scott does.

Cool
clovis

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel stupid only having voted for Face First....I really have to say, All of the above....I have everything Scott's done with Tribal Tech....and I have listened to each CD probably 100X each.....Tribal Tech is probably my favorite band..

John R.
Sindri

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Illicit is one of my favorite fusion albums of all time, so I'll have to say: Illiticit! Cool Fantastic! Post-RTF, Holdsworth, WR fusion!
Richard

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Illicit” Is one of the best CD’s I have ever heard. The mood and melodies on that CD are almost unparalleled. Scott sure knows how to make a guitar sing and that for me is what a guitar is all about. It’s just sad to me that this music has no outlet and getting to see good fusion live is almost a thing of the past. We really need to support Scott and all the other fusion musicians trying to scratch out a living. I have dedicated myself by starting an Internet radio station and web site to this music. Please stop in and give me a hoot. http://www.richardkolp.com .

Richard
fusion58

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Richard:

Good to see you here! Your station is awesome. Thanks again for adding my tunes to your playlist.

--Fusion58

Cool
Shakkal

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Face First just because it's the one I've realised I end up listening to the most ... Illicit and Reality Check are two of my faves too ...
Aeolian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shakkal wrote:
I voted for Face First just because it's the one I've realised I end up listening to the most ... Illicit and Reality Check are two of my faves too ...

Same here, When I'm in a Scott kind of mood, Face First gets as much play as all the others together. Just like the songs. They sound more complete to me. But then I was really into RTF which Chick described as not jazz but classical music for a modern band due to all the worked out parts. Plus there's the harbinger of the blues albums, Boat Gig.
intervallicdesign

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Thick the best. It has a very "on the edge" feel to me. Of the older, "tune based" records, i'd have to say Illicit.
peace
bluelobster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: barf Reply with quote

I choose to vote for all, 'coz i am a fan and i know this stuff from the beginning (1984) from the same friend i knew comin' back from GIT (MI,LA)who made me aware of Robben Ford, Scott Henderson & The players (Starring great peoples), Hiram Bullock and the 20th Street Band, and Los Lobotomys in Baked Potatoe and even Eric Johnson & Mike Landau, God Bless this guy , i will die less dorkie than i was, were ,'ve been,
AH A H A H Wink

That was a thrill to attend 1990 Tribal Tech rehearsals with Glodblatt & Joe Heredia in GIT , late at night in a room with an average PA and a good lightning, great memories and such a great music............... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: