Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - gig in Sao Paulo
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

gig in Sao Paulo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purplebrazil

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: gig in Sao Paulo Reply with quote

Smile Hi folks, just to let you know that I have attended Scottīs gig last night at Bourbon Street in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

The house was packed, it is like the blues houses in the USA.

The show began very late, about 11 p.m. and ended at 1:30 a.m !!! (we had a 20 minutes between).

Very good show, but the audience looked a little bit tired after midnight (people have to work). Why they didnīt begin at 9 pm, I donīt know !!
I would have been better.

Impressions as it was my first time seeing Mr. Henderson:

1) He really impresses as one of the best Iīve ever seen. Very talented, indeed with his guitar. I love the Fender sound.
2) He lacks something, I donīt know how to explain. Maybe a more fashion look would make him more succesfull. He should talk to the audience, make fun with them during the songs, not only play the instrument, IMHO. He lacks "charisma", like a Mr. Page, Hendrix had.
3) The drummer is very good too. Although I donīt like his vocals for blues songs. My opinion, ok ?
4) Bass solo was great !! but just plain playing during the songs.
5) Scott didnīt go to the other side of the stage, so he should work this as a musician (Stage presence is important too !!!)

Overall it was a very good set, full of fusion and interplay. Sometimes if you are not into instrumental music, it is tiring for who is watching.

IMHO (again) Scott is excellent, but should move on to a rock band and have the Tribal Tech as a side project. He is much better of a jazz-fusion than a blues player.

Cheers from Brazil,

Reinaldo Wink Very Happy Smile
vladorg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: gig in Sao Paulo Reply with quote

purplebrazil wrote:
IMHO (again) Scott is excellent, but should move on to a rock band and have the Tribal Tech as a side project. He is much better of a jazz-fusion than a blues player.

I really hope that was a joke Confused
kirk95
StarShip Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that was a translation error..... Wink
purplebrazil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, if you thought it was a joke.

I mean, Scott shoud be recognized by more people, maybe it would be a good move for him, to be in a band, like Steve Morse is in Deep Purple and has his side projects (Dixie Dregs, SMB) and now Vinnie Moore with UFO. Why not ? He really plays like almost nobody in the world.

I always thought of Scott as one of my top 5 guitarists ever !!

I love his playing, and I prefer his jazz-fusion albums, like Tribal Tech. I donīt see him as a standard blues plyer.

Maybe you enjoy him most with blues, but I enjoy him most playing jazz-fusion.

Thatīs it.

Cheers,

Reinaldo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: