Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - A Sincere Request
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

A Sincere Request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: A Sincere Request Reply with quote

Hi Scott,
First let me say that your music has been an inspiration to me for ever since I saw you play with JLP at the Beacon in NYC. Jeff Beck was the impetus for my wanting to be a guitarist instead of playing keys (toward which Keith Emerson was driving me). When I started listening to TT, I remembered thinking..."this is right up there with BBB, Wired, and There and Back." You guys went in a truly inventive direction; thank you for that. I was fortunate enough to see you in Atlanta at the Red Light Cafe when Well to the Bone was released. I realize that was a rarity.
I am going to ask you for two things, and I just hope you'll consider them. Tribal Tech has tremendous respect among musicians (accomplished and amateur). It is my feeling that there should be a live recording documenting music that so dramatically captures the essence of art and music...talent combined with an electric uniqueness. My request is for two recordings...a live collection or performance from the 1990's and one from the current tour. That's it...just please consider the idea. If you don't...I'll still be listening.
Side note...I teach middle school biology, and I always have music happening in the room when we're "doin' stuff." I have guitars and amps there and I play for my kids (we make up silly biology tunes to remember things...blues mostly. My kids LOVE your music! They also dig Krantz, Rosenwinkel, Metheny, Train, Miles, even Holdsworth etc., along with the classic rock I grew up with. I get a total kick out of it when they say "Hey...you sound like that dude with the crazy hair." I think they're being overly kind. Interestingly, on occasion when a meeting is called, they use my room for it. Well, nothing is more fun than a room full of groan-ups complaining and talking over each other. As soon as it is officially over, I put the very same tunes on. Clears the room like someone tossed a live grenade! I hate meetings! I love working with kids! Gotta deal with the first to get to do the second...it's totally worth it!
Anyway...long post...hope your little girl's diggin' school cuz I hated it when I was a kid Smile
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words and for all your support! About the recordings, unfortunately the record industry, especially for this kind of music, isn't doing well. We can't afford to pay for live recordings out of our own pocket, and we're having enough problems trying to get a budget for the next studio album. Also, no one wants to take the risk of recording one night and living with it - it would have to be a minimum of four nights, and that's expensive.

Good tio hear the the kids are digging some good music! I certainly get it when it comes to clearing a room - last night I played in a restaurant in LA. There were a few fans there, but the walk-ins were gone after the first song!
jbear

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I surely do appreciate your taking the time to respond. I'd offer to bankroll the endeavor, but...I already told you what I do for a living.
I did start a guitar club at school last year...if you're ever in the neighborhood...feel free to pull up an amp. Hanging out with 11-14 year-olds is refreshing and waaaay fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: