Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Got 1K burnin a hole in my pocket WWSD?
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Got 1K burnin a hole in my pocket WWSD?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
countandduke

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Got 1K burnin a hole in my pocket WWSD? Reply with quote

So, WWSD (What Would Scott Do?)

I've got 1K store credit at Guitar Center. I play in a cover band and we play classic rock, harder rock and early metal as well as some fusion type stuff and I'm having a hard time deciding what would be a good choice. I've got the cabinet area covered.
I know that you (Scott) use JCM 2000 DSL's when your personal rig is not available... Would you still recommend that head and maybe some pedals for the heavier stuff and maybe even an M9 or M13 too? The Fender Supersonic has a Bassman mode on the clean channel and that amp does have an effects loop. How's about the newer line 6 HD stuff? I really liked some of the tones when I played one in the store. I'm considering an Eleven Rack although I can't believe they didn't take you up on your offer...
Maybe one of those new lunchbox heads? Scott, have you ever played one of those Marahall 1959SLP reissue amps?

ANY help would be very much appreciated. Portability isn't a huge concern of mine...

Thanks and take care...

Chris
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all the gear you mentioned, the only thing I'd recommend is the Marshall DSL 100, but if you get it at Guitar Center, it would have to be a used one, because the new DSL 100 (the 100H) sucks ass. Read the recent DSL thread.

Eleven is crap so don't waste your money. A good Marshall and pedals will always sound better than that digital nonsense.

You might run into some pedal problems at Guitar Center since they tend to carry the low quality ones. If you can find a Lovepedal COT-50, Vemuram Jan Ray, or Xotic RC Booster, those are the best true-bypass boost pedals. The Maxon SD-9 and Fulltone PlimSoul are the best true-bypass high gain pedals. I'd stay away from anything which isn't true-bypass, like the Boss stuff. As far as coloring pedals, anything by Strymon is good, but I don't know if GC carries them. The Line 6 M9 has some cool sounds and is pretty small, but the 13 is kinda huge and doesn't have any more sounds than the M9, just more presets and combos.

Hope that helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: