Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Two Notes Torpedo
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Two Notes Torpedo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guitmac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Two Notes Torpedo Reply with quote

Hi Scott, have you tried the Two Notes Torpedo Speaker simulation stuff? If so, what do you think about it?
Do you think is a good solution for home recording guitar?
Is it possible to get a real good tone with it, if you use a badger or an OD 100 head through the Torpedo?
Again, Thanks a lot for all this!
All the best man!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the two-space Torpedo, which has a resistive load, and I didn't think the dynamics were very good. Then I tried the one-space Torpedo Live, which has a reactive load, and the dynamics were as good as my speaker. This was very surprising to me because it's the first "gizmo" I've ever heard trying to take the place of a speaker that actually works.

To be honest, I didn't like any of their factory presets, but I created my own impulse response using my Neve mic pre and Kerry Wright 4x12 with Greenbacks, and that sounded much better. I've sent my IR to several people who own a Torpedo and they agree. Pete Thorn has also made a bunch of his own IR's that I'm told sound better than the factory presets.

My friend has the Torpedo Live and says it works better with smaller amps - a 100 watt amp might load it down a lot and the dynamics won't be as good as when used with a small amp like the Badger.
guitmac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Scott! I think I'll get the Live one, I hope you don't mind to share your IR with me when i get it. Wink
You are the best man!
guitmac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott, thanks a lot for your advice! I finally got the Torpedo Live, and I really like it, is true it feels like the real thing.
Haven't doing the IRs yet, but I will start soon, with my 2x12 and 1x12 cabs.

Scott, I don't own a 4x12 cab. Do you think is possible for you to share the IRs you made with your Kerry Wright? Thanks a lot again for all the help man!

Any new CD with your trio coming soon?
Any concert in the Toronto area?
Saw you in Argentina, (Buenos Aires) once. That concert traumatizes me for a week Smile, and inspired me for a long time. Would be great to see you live again!
Looking forward!
All the best!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own a Torpedo so I didn't keep the IR file, but some of my friends have it. Send me an email (lessons page of my website) and I'll get someone to send it to you.

No gigs planned for Toronto, sorry!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: